Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a 3g Router that will transmit the voice as well as the data signal?

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

We are quite remote in County Clare. The mobile broadband is OK but sometime rather slow. I am quite confident that the problem can probably be solved by getting a 3g router with an external aerial.

The mobile phone signal is also weak and is, a bit better when you go outside. So the question is can I get a 3g router that will also transmit the 900Mz signal for voice as well as the 2100Mz data signal?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It'd more of an amplifier you're looking for ?

http://www.stelladoradus.com make them and a few more

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roynie

Thanks for that they seem to be just what I need. I had an interesting conversation with a lady in Waterford who tells me they're not legal in Ireland and they don't ship here, but they do everywhere else!

Plan B needs to be put into operation! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Looking at the specification of the home product it is way over the legal limit.

The purpose of a limit on the unlicensed spectrum is to make it usable.
    A higher power would just make them unusable as they would drown each other out.

This is the answer to the question "Why can't they make a more powerful wireless router?

Advertisement