Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***MatchThread*** 13th May 21:00 STCOLM Cork Exiles

• 12-05-2014 11:00am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kick off is 21:00 so meeting @ 20:30

Exiles always give us a tough game and 3 points will be needed

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed - in
    Jules
    Keith - in
    Kings
    SteK
    SteMcd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in....Keith, can i hop in with you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

in....Keith, can i hop in with you?

maybe for the moment Ed, i may not be at home before the match but will know in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

maybe for the moment Ed, i may not be at home before the match but will know in the morning

Late kick off ed so no problem getting a lift with me ill meet you at small church at 8.15

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I should be there, depending.

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor - work
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL -In
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in

Will update this at about 3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

who has the gear?

who has the gear?

you told me Jules had it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

you told me Jules had it?

He brought it to the match last week. I'm assuming he brought it home with him after.

I should be there, depending.

Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Cillian - in
    Conor - work
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in

Will update this at about 3

haha, what you mean depending I was up 2 days after having my 2nd.
    Sort it out.

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    He brought it to the match last week. I'm assuming he brought it home with him after.

Derek stole it and sold it off in Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In

Ed, sorry wont be able to give you a lift there but can give you a lift home if you need it

Late kick off ed so no problem getting a lift with me ill meet you at small church at 8.15

sound....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I have the gear. It's even washed.

i think all things considered, these were the best team we played last season. 2-1 win and 3-3 draw and the reality is, we should have lost both games.

0-1
    1-1
    2-1
    2-2
    3-2
    3-3
    4-3
    5-3

some game lads, and we were worth the win I think.

We scored some pretty good goals too, the first from literally nothing, Keith's free kick, and the battling and interplay for Kingsley's - although their second goal was a decent hit too.

Good determination and spirit in the second half.

9 in 5 games Derek, that's now 1.8gpg

Target remains at 32 for the season.

9 in 5 games Derek, that's now 1.8gpg

Target remains at 32 for the season.

High target has anyone ever broke the 20 mark?

Great battle and fair play the exiles for putting up a good performance.

Some good goals.. probably one of my best for boards tbh :D

But 3 points is what we needed and that what matters

• Advertisement

Ed was right, that was one tough game. They just belted everything from their final third into ours in the first half and it worked well, put us under a fair bit of pressure at times. Then they got it down and played well through the middle for spells in the second half. Game could have gone either way but we should be very happy with the result and how we didn't let tensions rise with all the disputing refereeing decisions. Don't want to get into discussing whether the decisions were right or wrong, key message is we used to argue with the ref and it just made us play worse; tonight we didn't get into it and we played better as a result.

What an absolute corker of a free-kick from Keith, absolutely beautiful strike. Likewise their 2nd was a technically excellent strike, worthy of winning most games. We know Derek can produce excellent finishes on a very consistent basis, but it's adding goals like his first tonight that was all about instinct and determination and a smart and unselfish assist for the bang-on-form Kings that really stack up to a great impact, fair play.

Quality 3 points to grind out. Roll on next week...

mrDerek wrote: »
    High target has anyone ever broke the 20 mark?

No. But that's 5 more goals and 50 press-ups for asking ;)

very strange game. the most pleasing aspect of it is that in terms of attacking play it was the complete opposite of last week.

last week we must have created about 12 chances and hit the target with only 3. this week, i dont recall us missing much, if any...we were really clinical - 5 or 6 chances, 5 goals and if we were like that last week we'd have taken all 3 points and very comfortably at that.

they put us under alot of pressure and 2 of the goals came from mistakes but i think in such a game, these things are normal at times when both teams just go for it.

excellent goal from keith and their second was a brilliant strike also, how he bent it around our defenders like that was class. i got a hand to it and thought it saved it but i saw it late and could not get a strong enough connection on it.

we could have done better in clearing the 3rd goal, it was bouncing around the box for a few seconds and all it needed was one strong leg to get it away.

still though, great win - next week is the big one looks like.

37 goals scored last night in our league.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

that is scarily impressive and i guarantee you playing on the smaller pitch is a big factor in that, its so much easier to score goals on it than Wesley, better surface too.

Guys great win last night, Keith goal of the season contender with that free kick! they scored there own worldy too but once we realised they just wanted to go through the back of us we won free kick after free kick! Derek converting again and again from nothing is super stuff and his assist was great! Kingsly quick feet to score that goal was really great too! Our defence was put under a lot of pressure because when the ball went long the same guy got every header and the ball went straight back to our defence. need to identify when we cant win the midfield headers and try spray out to the wide men.
    Jules keeping his cool to score two penalties was also great to see! nerves were getting to me so fair play! was a great display to keep attacking and keep going back for more when it would have been so easy to drop the heads when the scored!
    Jules was right, we kept the head we didnt moan at each other or the ref and it benefited us with the refs calls and how we played!
    Great game and great win! They are a good team, tough but we wanted it more then then them!

Yep fully agree, keep the heads and we got the decisions and the 3 point

Yep fully agree, keep the heads and we got the decisions and the 3 point

you could probably say the couple of key decisions that went against us last week were balanced out last night.

Kind of thought the same myself but then again the 2 penalties were legit!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Well won game in the second half on the wings whereas centre of the pitch was a battle they were happy to fight for and won very often (third equaliser was a goal-kick right down the middle giving them a corner which they scored from the middle of the area)

On the wings they were much more suspect and simply couldn't handle it being spread wide. Even the first goal which was a direct result of the first bit of overlapping between fullback and winger giving space and time for the cross.

It is so much easier on that pitch to develop an attack for a player to control the ball compared to Wesley's hockey pitch is designed for a game where the ball isn't supposed to bounce and it's pinball at times trying to control the football.

• Advertisement

Next weeks games massively important it's an early game but people should be wary it's in benildus not colmcilles so leave that bit earlier

Still prefer Wesley tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Still prefer Wesley tbh!

You weren't scoring goals like that in Wesley.

Mousewar wrote: »
    You weren't scoring goals like that in Wesley.

True!

Advertisement