Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamper warning going off in warm weather

Options
  • 12-05-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Folks, I have a HKC alarm in my house. In warm weather I continually get the 'Tamper' warning going off, in more than one zone. I thought it might be a sensor expanding in the hot weather, but I'm not so sure. I opened some of the sensors and cleaned the tamper contacts, and am waiting to see if that cures the problem. I will eventually have to call the Alarm guy, but if it was something simple then I'd obviously like to cure it myself.

Has anyone experienced this before?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

youtheman wrote: »
    Folks, I have a HKC alarm in my house. In warm weather I continually get the 'Tamper' warning going off, in more than one zone. I thought it might be a sensor expanding in the hot weather, but I'm not so sure. I opened some of the sensors and cleaned the tamper contacts, and am waiting to see if that cures the problem. I will eventually have to call the Alarm guy, but if it was something simple then I'd obviously like to cure it myself.

Has anyone experienced this before?.

If its only in hot weather it may be an issue with the cables going to these zones. Depending on how many cores used to wire up the sensors you could change the wiring configuration to these zones or if there is not enough cores bridge out the tamper in the control panel to close off the tamper altogether.

Advertisement