Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor sound quality Surface 2

Options
  • 11-05-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I'm a relatively new owner of a Surface 2 and I'm wondering if anyone else has issues with the sound quality both from the speakers and using headphones. The higher frequency sounds have a fair degree of distortion. The volume is never above 80 and more usually around 50. It's not as bad with headphones but still noticeable. The sound quality of a Nokia 520 (without headphones) is better.

Am I expecting too much or should I be contacting support/returning the tablet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,157 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Surface tablets don't have great speakers. Frankly, few tablets do. It's a design shortsight. Newer Galaxy tabs seem to do well. Even iPads aren't great at this.

The easiest thing to do which typically works for my usage is Bluetooth Speakers/Headphones, as I already have both lying around. Also for some sites like youtube, you will have better luck on quality with any Machine by increasing the hardware volume and lowering the player volume. Even on my Desktop with quality headphones I find full headphone volume with about 10-15% youtube player volume works the best for quality. The other way around results in horrible distortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Thanks for the advice :)

I would have assumed things would work better the other way around with the device volume (speakers) set low and the application volume set high. Although as type this it doesn't seem to make as much sense as it did late last night....

Father's day is coming up so I'll drop some hints about Bluetooth speakers...

Advertisement