Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 + Knack (Used) Amazon Warehous Deals - £303.50 (€371.70) - Worth it?

Options
  • 11-05-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Not really sure how good of an offer this is. I know Amazon WHD are pretty safe, and reliable, but.. I can't make up my mind.

Is it worth it, Or better off going Brand New..? (Over €150 difference)
    By the way, the price in Euro is by paying Sterling, as Amazon's exchange rate is way off.
    €510 Brand New for the same bundle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00GN1EMS6/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Condition: Used - Good
    Item will come repackaged. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

The part turning me off.. from here
    Do products come with a warranty? No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s return policy. If you would like additional protection, you can purchase a warranty from Square Trade to cover certain items.
    How do you evaluate a product's c

Does this apply over here? - SQUARE TRADE http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade/pages/2530507011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

So far I've heard the rate of PS4's breaking is less than 1% which it being out for 6 months is a good sign. Price wise it seems a good deal, best I've seen around.

Also I don't know about the PS4 but for the PS3 you were able to buy yearly cover on the PS Store to cover accidental and non-accidental damage so I presume they'll roll that service out soon. That might alleviate some of your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's covered by Amazon 30 day return but it's also automatically covered by Sony Ireland for 2 years under EU consumer law of electronic goods.

http://tinalconsumer.com/2013/02/25/manufacturers-warranties-v-your-consumer-rights/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Go for it. Knack isn't supposed to be all that good but you can always trade it in against something else.

Can't beat that price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's covered by Amazon 30 day return but it's also automatically covered by Sony Ireland for 2 years under EU consumer law of electronic goods.

http://tinalconsumer.com/2013/02/25/manufacturers-warranties-v-your-consumer-rights/

No it isn't. You should actually read what you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

whiterebel wrote: »
    No it isn't. You should actually read what you posted.

It is, if it has a fault within 30 days, send it back via Amazon for an exchange. After 30 days and up to 2 years, and it develops a fault, contact Sony Ireland and they will have to take care of it. What did I post wrong?

It's the same conditions as buy a PS4 anywhere, Xtravision, HMV, Gamestop etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It is, if it has a fault within 30 days, send it back via Amazon for an exchange. After 30 days and up to 2 years, and it develops a fault, contact Sony Ireland and they will have to take care of it. What did I post wrong?

It's the same conditions as buy a PS4 anywhere, Xtravision, HMV, Gamestop etc.

"As for time frame, the legal minimum across the EU is two years but in Ireland under our Statute of Limitations you can make a claim for a faulty product up to six years after purchase."

Ireland did not implement all of the EU directive, leaving out the 2 years. In Ireland we need to bring it to the Small Claims Court.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

whiterebel wrote: »
    "As for time frame, the legal minimum across the EU is two years but in Ireland under our Statute of Limitations you can make a claim for a faulty product up to six years after purchase."

Ireland did not implement all of the EU directive, leaving out the 2 years. In Ireland we need to bring it to the Small Claims Court.

We don't need to go to the small claims courts at all. However retailers will try anything not to have to deal with a consumer taking something back which means threatening them with the small claims court is sometimes the only way. Also I believe it's not 6 years but 'a reasonable time' in Irish law.

In Ireland consumers are better protected than in the eu. It's trying to get retailers to agree to it is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

You will pick up a good Paddy PS4 ,with warranty (receipt) ,with games + accessories on Adverts for €350 now...even less.

I would not buy B-grade online over second hand in Eire where the console could be tested before buying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A new console is only 400 euro, and when it comes to hardware I'd be reluctant to take chances to save a couple of euro.

Remember that Knack is effectively worthless: it won't get you much at trade-in, and has been heavily criticised by players and critics alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm going to leave it.

I can't really afford one at the minute, and I was going for this because it initially caught my eye with the £296.10 price tag. (Forgetting sterling, I was thinking less than €300).
    I'd prefer the peace of mind that comes with a warranty also, especially knowing my Nephew and his friends would be borrowing it... :)

Thanks. I'll wait until I have a bit more cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement