Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling by Train from Waterford

Options
  • 11-05-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Haven't been on a train in yonks:)

The 13.05 to Dublin on Tuesday, would about 12.45 be time enough to arrive.

Also can you take suitcases with you to your seat or must you leave them in a holding area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Haven't been on a train in yonks:)

The 13.05 to Dublin on Tuesday, would about 12.45 be time enough to arrive.

Also can you take suitcases with you to your seat or must you leave them in a holding area.

That time is fine. Have you already got your ticket? The que can be long at times and its cheaper to buy online anyway.

There is a storage area in each carriage. You could leave it on that and sit in the next seat to keep an eye on it. There is room overhead for small luggage.

There are sockets too under each table... Prepare to be amazed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

littlelulu wrote: »
    That time is fine. Have you already got your ticket? The que can be long at times and its cheaper to buy online anyway.

There is a storage area in each carriage. You could leave it on that and sit in the next seat to keep an eye on it. There is room overhead for small luggage.

There are sockets too under each table... Prepare to be amazed ;)

Thanks for that, will be travelling under a travel pass so have to queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks for that, will be travelling under a travel pass so have to queue.

Ok you should have plenty of time. I doubt the train will be too busy at that time anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,258 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are driving be prepared for the parking ticket performance - take plenty of change or you will find yourself trying to set it up on your mobile, not good when you are rushing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There is overhead storage for luggage but depending on the size of your baggage you would be better off putting it on the luggage rack at the end of each carriage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sharw7

Can you help me out with a question.... Can you bring your own alcohol on the train to drink or can you still even drink on the train these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

sharw7 wrote: »
    Can you help me out with a question.... Can you bring your own alcohol on the train to drink or can you still even drink on the train these days?

Ianrod Eireann have introduced a free drink system where you get a free bottle of Buckfast and some sweets with every day return ticket. Dont worry about bringing your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

charlie14 wrote:
    Let us know how you get on. If you win your case I will use it as an example why I should get all the motor tax I have paid back .

Some journeys alcohol is banned check their website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Ianrod Eireann have introduced a free drink system where you get a free bottle of Buckfast and some sweets with every day return ticket. Dont worry about bringing your own.

Sugar free haribo I hear. The healthy option ;)

The jacks are immaculate afterwards

Advertisement