Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bargains did you buy today??

Options
  • 11-05-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭

Heres my list (In sterling as I'm working in uk)

25 chicken fillets: £20

3 bags of veg (2veg one potato) for £2

Plan is to make a chicken stew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Pair of Sunglasses in Boots priced at €36.50, with half price voucher saved €16.43, a further Boots discount came off of €8.22 (Don't know why nor did the lady behind the till) and student discount of €3.65. Sunglasses priced at €36.50 total came to €8.20 Saving of €28.30. Have to be careful not to sit on these ones.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Jesus you did well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

:D Lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

30 mandarins in Supervalu for E2 (3 for 2 offer) and a gigantic bag of onions in lidl for E2.99.
    Happy days!!!

Today i got a bear grylls phone case for the iphone for £6.50 . Excellent case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I had €5 in Tesco vouchers in my mailout so I used the Points Booster and exchanged them for €10 for the frozen food section. I picked up 2 x 2 packets of Rice Fusions Cantonese Rice, a four-pack of Donegal Catch breaded fish, a pack of 20 Big Al's chicken dippers, a 10-pack of Bird's Eye fish fingers, and I got a bag of Avonmore grated cheese as well as I got a €1 off voucher in my mailout. All of these products were on offer, so before any discounts they should have cost me €20.66 - I paid €2.65, delighted! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Goodfellas stone-baked Italian pizzas were €1.84 in Maynooth Tesco along with the Big Als reductions etc mentioned above - regretting not having used the Points Booster on my €5.50 of Clubcard tokens at this stage.

Continuing my policy of buying nothing there unless its on offer or otherwise completely unavailable I spent €13.50 on a basket of stuff that should have been quite a bit more.

MYOB wrote: »
    Goodfellas stone-baked Italian pizzas were €1.84 in Maynooth Tesco along with the Big Als reductions etc mentioned above - regretting not having used the Points Booster on my €5.50 of Clubcard tokens at this stage.

Continuing my policy of buying nothing there unless its on offer or otherwise completely unavailable I spent €13.50 on a basket of stuff that should have been quite a bit more.

Whats the points booster ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whats the points booster ???

You could swap vouchers (I think in €5 multiples only) for vouchers for higher amounts but off specific products only, €10 for €5.

I think this time out it was wine, clothes, frozen food and electronics only. I don't drink wine, Tesco don't make clothes for giants and I've more than enough gadgets to last me for a while...

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/spend/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

This is something i've been meaning to post for ages....
    The hardcore frugallers probably do without the luxury that is hair gel,
    But if youre like me and just cant live without it this is the best deal you'll get on it.

Visit or ring up up your local wholesale suppliers for salon / hairdressing products, and see what large tubs of gel they offer.

I bought this 1000ml tub of "Truzone" hairgel from my local salon suppliers a few times for less than 8 euro.

http://www.savers.ie/look-1000ml-p-354.html

The same money in a supermarket you will only get you 300mls of gel, so youre making at least 3 times the savings.

And its good quality gel too, it washes out really easy, has a good hold and a lot of local barbers use it.
    One tub will probably last a year or more depending on how much you use.

If wet look aint your thing, you can get a firm hold gel from the same brand which comes in blue:

http://www.savers.ie/firm-hold-1000ml-p-3223.html

Ive never bought from that site before, im just using it to show you the picture of tub for identification purposes. The prices on that site are most likely excluding VAT also.

More recently I upgraded this "Totex" gel which my barber imports from Turkey and sells it to me for 11 euro, its in a 750 tub.

pr_01_2669_max.jpg

Now youre probably wondering why the hell I'll pay 3 euro more for 250mls less?

The totex stuff is much thicker, has a better hold and i'm finding I'm using far less of it than i did with the Truzone gel. Maybe even half the amount. So i may even save more even though theres less of it.
    I like how its colourless too.
    That salons savers site has a "mega hold" version of Totex but not the clear wet look one i use.

Theres probably other brands your local supplier stocks, I'm merely sharing my experience with the 2 brands i've tried out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

I got Big Al's special quarter pounders for 1.99 on sale per pack of 2 in Tesco. I had 2 vouchers for Big Al's to use up by 31 August, so effectively 4 quarter pounders for 50c each. Winner!

Advertisement