Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Android Device

Options
  • 11-05-2014 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just looking for some help here...I used to use a HTC Desire and it was a fantastic phone to use and then I lost it and got a Sony Experia E(Complete Sh!te)...

So I need to get back to a proper android device, something along the lines of the HTC Desire. What phones out there are like the Desire?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Hey all,

Just looking for some help here...I used to use a HTC Desire and it was a fantastic phone to use and then I lost it and got a Sony Experia E(Complete Sh!te)...

So I need to get back to a proper android device, something along the lines of the HTC Desire. What phones out there are like the Desire?

Cheers in advance

As long as you don't have a need for an SD slot I would get a Moto G, I had a HTC Desire I loved that phone, the Moto G really would feel like a natural progression , its a great little phone that like the desire when it came out is a nice size in the hand and just fly's it does everything flawlessly. Then there's the price! I just can't recommend a phone over it unless your paying flagship money or are after a nexus device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Moto g, will blow you away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

+1 for a moto g, 8gb is 149 sim free in tesco and cheaper on the likes of amazon.

As said it doesn't have an SD slot which is a bit of a pain but for the money it's easy enough to over look but worth knowing that of the 8gb only 5gb is user accessible so much better off sourcing a 16gb version online for around the same money as the 8gb in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

If you want a bit more power than the Moto G (awesome phone) you should pick up the Nexus 5. Like the Moto G it too has no SD card slot.

€350 for 16GB
    €400 for 32GB

Buy it directly from Google though as you'll get ripped off by retailers.

Nexus 5 on Google Play

Advertisement