Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fell on my phone!

Options
  • 11-05-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I fell on my arse yesterday, which was painful enough. Probably would have hurt more if my Sony Xperia S in my back pocket hadn't broken my fall. But it seems to have paid the ultimate price to protect me. The glass front is 'crazed' and the phone is totally lifeless. I can't organise a replacement until tomorrow. My questions are: what was stored on the sim card and what would have been stored in the phone? And is there any way to get into the phone and retrieve what's in there? I thought of maybe connecting to my laptop, but that would involve touching the screen to allow connection.
    Finally, if I can organise a temporary loan of an android, will my micro-sim work in any other phone?
    And please...speak slowly. I'm not a tekkie. (If I was, I wouldn't have put my phone in my arse pocket.....)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Log into your Google Gmail account on another device or computer and your contacts should all be there. There should be a contacts entry on the left side. The SIM might store some contacts but most Android phones sync with google.

Photos etc might be backed up to google+, if your not particularly technology savvy this may have been done automatically unknown to you.

The SIM will work in any phone that takes that size SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Many thanks, I'll all check that out, fingers crossed I can get my contacts above all else!

If your contacts are there it's simply a matter of logging into your account on a new Android phone to re sync them.

OK, down to the phone shop tomorrow the. What about Viber and Whatsapp apps? Will I have to download ans start again?

Well yeah, log into your Google account on the Play Store and all your app purchases are there under MyApps. Just download the ones you want.

Have a look at the Moto G, best bang for your buck phone there is.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Advertisement