Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Beer Geography

Options
  • 11-05-2014 12:24am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I found this fairly intereresting: http://www.vox.com/2014/5/7/5687138/americas-taste-in-beer-in-five-maps

Obviously beer culture is changing there somewhat as pointed out by the article, but why have light beers been so much more popular over there traditionally? Presumably it's more related to alcohol content than health reasons?

I'd say Ireland would look very different on maps 4 and 5. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I can't even imagine a place with more supermarkets than bars :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I found this fairly intereresting: http://www.vox.com/2014/5/7/5687138/americas-taste-in-beer-in-five-maps

Obviously beer culture is changing there somewhat as pointed out by the article, but why have light beers been so much more popular over there traditionally? Presumably it's more related to alcohol content than health reasons?

Id say its advertising, they are very prone to brainwashing by the the giants like Budweiser and Miller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Id say its advertising, they are very prone to brainwashing by the the giants like Budweiser and Miller.

Aren't we all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

as a percentage of total sales they drink far more craft beer than we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Seaneh wrote: »

Not if you count Heino as craft!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Seaneh wrote: »

Its 14.3% of all beer sales (cash) in the US (2013 BA)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

oblivious wrote: »
    Its 14.3% of all beer sales (cash) in the US (2013 BA)

Which is a much higher percentage than in Ireland.

Advertisement