Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maya M1 problem

Options
  • 10-05-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, my wife has a Gigabyte Maya M1 since this Christmas. Great phone and very happy with it in general.
    However the loudspeaker has stopped working (no ringer no key tone no music play back). I have tried all I can think of in the lines of software problem. I have rebooted, pulled battery, and tried all the options in settings to no avail. I fear it is a hardware issue.

Anyone know what else I can try?

I will try the shop where I bought it to see if I can get it fixed or repaired but I want to be sure it is not the software.

When I take it back can I look for a swap or will they leave us without the phone for an extended period of time?

We appreciate any thoughts and help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Try this Engineer menu
    From here - GSMARENA
    Small service menu *#*#4636#*#*
    Big service menu *#*#2584560#*#*

Mic sensitivity: 0-255
    Go to AUDIO. Loot list:
    1.1. Normal Mode (Normal)
    1.2. Headset Mode (Mode Headset)
    1.3. LoudSpeaker Mode - Setting the speaker (the one Handfree mode?)
    1.4. Speech Enhancement (Improving speech)
    1.5. Debug Info (debug information)
    1.6. Speech Logger (logging of conversations, apparently).
    1.7. Audio logger-is an audio logger (software for recording audio) with the ability to quickly find, play and save.
    2. Select the mode you want.
    Normal Mode, (if you want to increase the volume of the earpiece and microphone). You'll see a menu with four positions, where the first item is the number of the profile. Try to increase it to about 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭derryvella

Tried that, no difference. I am sure it must be hardware?

derryvella wrote: »

When I take it back can I look for a swap or will they leave us without the phone for an extended period of time?

It depends on the shop. You could ask them, but at this stage, I would bring it back and have it looked at. They should be able to determine what the problem is while you're standing there.
    It should be under warranty also.

If it is software, you could have it back in the same day. If not, then they might have a spare phone that they can replace yours with while it's in repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭derryvella

I am 99% sure its hardware issue :-( I have factory reset the phone to no avail. It will not make any sound through loudspeaker.
    I hope to take it to the shop today. Their web site says they repair phones but I assume it will have to be sent out.
    Does the shop have any obligation to supply a spare? It's really not an option to be with out a phone for a week or so.

derryvella wrote: »
    Does the shop have any obligation to supply a spare? It's really not an option to be with out a phone for a week or so.

No, At least I don't think they do. But they may give you one if you appeal to their sense of understanding :)

Explain to them that you have no replacement, and as if they have anything lying around, I'd say they would have, but that's obviously a guess. Most repair shops that I have jigged machines in, usually have a fair few working phones lying around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement