Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find model No. of HKC House Alarm

Options
  • 10-05-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hiya,

Maybe someone could help me out please.......we moved in to new house last week and there is no user manual for the house alarm, it's a HKC but I cannot see any other identification marks/labels on the alarm touch pad panel. I checked the user manual thread here and although the panels listed in these look the same but the information in the manuals is minimal. Is there a way of making the display show the model number so I can source more information on the alarm we have?

We have been given the alarm code and can set the alarm when leaving the house and turn it off when we return. In the last house we were in we could 'part set' the alarm (same brand) at night. I have tried the part set options in this new house but the alarm goes off when we are in the house.....the difference between this new house and the house we were in is that there are motion sensors in the new house....I suspect they are detecting our movement and setting off the alarm.
    There is a code on the panel titled 0*7 Home Alone, is this the feature to set the alarm when inside the house? I have yet to try this.....I see from other threads here that another code may be required to use this feature?

For now all we want to do is set the alarm at night so just the windows & doors to the outside are monitored and yet we can still move around the house......

Any help, direction or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

0#7 and/or 0#8 would generally part set the alarm leaving internal PiRs off.
    The panel is probably either a Securewatch 6/10 or 8/12. Opening the main panel is the easiest way to confirm which. Operational wise the user menus will be much the same.
    When you enter your user code does it take you to the user menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

DC71 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Maybe someone could help me out please.......we moved in to new house last week and there is no user manual for the house alarm, it's a HKC but I cannot see any other identification marks/labels on the alarm touch pad panel. I checked the user manual thread here and although the panels listed in these look the same but the information in the manuals is minimal. Is there a way of making the display show the model number so I can source more information on the alarm we have?

We have been given the alarm code and can set the alarm when leaving the house and turn it off when we return. In the last house we were in we could 'part set' the alarm (same brand) at night. I have tried the part set options in this new house but the alarm goes off when we are in the house.....the difference between this new house and the house we were in is that there are motion sensors in the new house....I suspect they are detecting our movement and setting off the alarm.
    There is a code on the panel titled 0*7 Home Alone, is this the feature to set the alarm when inside the house? I have yet to try this.....I see from other threads here that another code may be required to use this feature?

For now all we want to do is set the alarm at night so just the windows & doors to the outside are monitored and yet we can still move around the house......

Any help, direction or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

D

0#7 and 0#8 are partsets on the HKC system. These would need to be set up in engineering. Usually to take a PIR out of the system so you can walk around without setting off the alarm.
    If this is not set up you can omit a zone when setting the system. code * zone number yes. If 2 zones need to be omitted code * zone number * zone number yes.

If you dont have the engineer code you would need to open the control panel to see what PCB you have installed. Usually there is a sticker on the PCB with the type of system. If not you could post a picture to find out which one you have here. I would remind you there is live mains in the control panel so turn off the mains before opening the control panel. Alarm will activate when you open the control panel but entering your user code will turn off the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

If the keypad has a male announcing voice then it is either a 6/10 or an 8/12, if the voice is female then it is a 10/70.

Also if the system complies with EN50131 then when setting it you need to enter your code after going 0#7 or 0#8.

The operation of the system is the same no matter what model it is. Granted some might have more features, but the basics are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Very easy to distinguish between an 6/10, 8/12 or an 10/70. The 10/70 has a white polycarbonate housing. older panels have a metal housing. If its either an 6/10 or 8/12 you will need to look at the PCB installed.

Advertisement