Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Flowers Cork

Options
  • 10-05-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

How much would a wedding package cost for 4 BMs 2 mothers 1 flower girl 7 button holes ( 4 groomsmen 2 dads 1 page boy ) any recommendations of flowerists in cork ? Also for the church what do you need ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Whereabouts in Cork are you? What is your budget??

What would you like? What does the church allow?

You need to pin these details down first. Remember - it's cheaper to get flowers 'in season', and roses are expensive any time of the year!! I can give you recommendations in Cork City, if that's where you are - Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kate!!!

Whereabouts in Cork are you? What is your budget??

What would you like? What does the church allow?

You need to pin these details down first. Remember - it's cheaper to get flowers 'in season', and roses are expensive any time of the year!! I can give you recommendations in Cork City, if that's where you are - Let me know.

Thank you . Yes cork city . The church said they are happy for us to use any flowers we like on the alter and pews . It's a summer wedding and I like the idea of a flowery arch at the end of the church by the door.

Flowery arches are very expensive! Might be better to hire one in.

Blow the budget florist? Fox Flowers are very good. Tried to get them for my wedding, but she books up very fast.

April Flowers at North Gate Bridge did my flowers. Renata's excellent. I use her all the time. Comes up with great ideas, and willing to work within budget.

I didn't go mad on the flowers (pew ends and so on) because I think people should be looking at the B & G rather than the flowers! I just made sure the altar looked beautiful, and that my bouquets and buttonholes looked good. Make sure your candle table is decorated as well!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

I just pmd you there kate, sorry Im not a stalker laughing just I am in the same area that you are planning around. Just emailed you the details for Chriss Bailey if it is any good to you..Foxes do lovely flowers also. I think packages for your typical wedding start at around €500 and then go upwards.

The details above of what you need are really it other than that tis up to what you like.. Defiantly use what is in season as it costs a lot less, and if you can gather foliage yourselfs or are any handy at the flowers you would be surprised what you can do...

I just helped mum out a few times getting ready and all the prettiest ones I have seen would have the bows with maybe a little flower tucked into them at the pew ends, nothing to big so you don't get stuck in them, and the basic alter flowers..Lots of candles aswell looks very pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Fox flowers are excellent, fab flowers in douglas are good as well.

Have you considered keeping costs down by doing them yourself? I did my own wedding flowers, as I just wanted something simple. Some from the garden and bulked it up with ordered flowers. Central floral supplies on airport hill are floral wholesalers who sell to the public as well. You can order in stuff there. My wedding was in august, so i got different types of small sunflowers and tied them with florists tape and some ribbon. http://www.centralfloralsupplies.com/store/

Table decorations we put flowers in vases. That worked for ceremony as well.

They also have those arches there too I think.

Ps, doing them yourself isn't cheap... It's just cheaper and you get more flowers for your money. Remember to do them the day before your wedding. You can't be arranging flowers the morning yiu are getting married, you'll be too busy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

We did our own flowers and started them 3-4 days before. Once the oasis is well watered, the flowers will last for ages, even weeks!! Much much cheaper and they looked fantastic! In fact, we still had some flowers left over in perfect condition that lasted a month after the wedding!

Is there any amatuer that you know? A sacristan etc? Who does the flowers in the church for religous occasions etc. Plenty of very talented people who love doing it as a hobby which would save you a LOT of money.

Sorry, I know it doesn't answer your question but when the €€€€'s start adding up, it gets scary ..... very very scary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rashers23

Hi Kate!!!
    Getting married next week in Cork and can recommend our florist already as she has also done flowers for smaller family events for us.
    She was considerably more reasonable than some of those mentioned above and has given me tons of advice and direction so far.
    Her facebook is named floralsculpture, sorry can't post link.

We are renting trees for either side of the door rather than the arch and this has worked out cheaper for us too.
    We are also moving our candle arrangement to the top table for the meal so killing two birds with one stone there too!

Yes - forgot to add that the North Cathedral where we married have a strict policy of removing all the flowers once the ceremony is over. Check what your church's policy is, and if they want the flowers removed, then you need to put a BM/Best Man on removal duties!

And yes - we took our altar flowers to the reception as well to decorate our top table. We then gave one arrangement to his mother, brought the other one and the candle arrangement home, and sent back my bouquet with my mother who dried it and has it hanging in the living room!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Cerise flowers are fab look up on face book. Really nicectobdeal with and will suit your budget

Advertisement