Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No hospital appointment in Wexford until 20 weeks pregnant

Options
  • 10-05-2014 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm currently 13weeks pregnant and have now had a hospital appointment bloods or heard heartbeat. Is this right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Avril86 wrote: »
    Hi I'm currently 13weeks pregnant and have now had a hospital appointment bloods or heard heartbeat. Is this right?

Hi Avril,

I wouldnt be looking for medical advice here. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Avril86

oldyouth wrote: »
    Hi Avril,

I wouldnt be looking for medical advice here. Best of luck

Thanks it's not advice more assurance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Not medical advice atall. This is advice on how the sytem works, not on the healthcare it provides, or on any issue. It is a waiting time query, not a health care query.....

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It may not be right but I'm pretty sure it's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Poochie05

You might be better asking on the pregnancy forum as it my not be specific to Wexford, or at least you might find out what is normal elsewhere.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1092

Congrats on the pregnancy and best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Avril86 wrote: »

Yeah it's normal. You will get a date at around 18-20 weeks pregnant when you will get a scan and see the Dr and midwife. Before that you just attend your GP, where you may or may not hear the heartbeat, it depends on the GP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have you been to your gp?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Yep wexford is 20 weeks. Most people I know got a private scan done before that for the reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I didn't have my first hospital appointment in Cavan until 20 weeks either. Doc saw me at 12 and 16 weeks though - I think this is fairly standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Hi,
    I'm public and combined GP/ Hospital care in Wexford and had my 20 wk scan last week but my GP chose to refer me for an early scan at 9wks simply because of my age so the norm is a scan at 20. However, as part of the combined care, i still had my GP visit at 13wks to hear the heartbeat which was v reassuring and our marker for going public with our news.
    Are you combined care? You should have alternate gp and hospital visits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I went to the gp at 5 weeks, got my booking appointment for 12 weeks and the next hospital app is 24 weeks with a gp visit in between. Its pretty normal for it to be so far apart in the early weeks unless a problem is detected early on or you're high risk.

Advertisement