Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless door contact intermittent false alarm

Options
  • 09-05-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Have an old Simon GE alarm system installed by at the time Eircom Phonewatch.

Not monitored any more and all I ever had to do was change a battery. My back door contact is beginning to set the alarm off when the system has been armed without the door being opened. Presume the sensor is going faulty is it possible to replace, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

How old is your system? Spare parts are indeed available as they are manufactured by Aritech/GE/ UTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have an old Simon GE alarm system installed by at the time Eircom Phonewatch.

Not monitored any more and all I ever had to do was change a battery. My back door contact is beginning to set the alarm off when the system has been armed without the door being opened. Presume the sensor is going faulty is it possible to replace, thanks.

Is the sensor on the back door a inertia/contact or just a contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

kub wrote: »
    How old is your system? Spare parts are indeed available as they are manufactured by Aritech/GE/ UTC.

will check that

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

altor wrote: »
    Is the sensor on the back door a inertia/contact or just a contact?

How can I tell the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

You might find it mentioned on the original paperwork. Or try and hit it gently a few times and listen out for a quite rattling sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

The reason I asked is it may be the shock head that needs replacing rather than replacing the whole unit. If you drop the front lid and enter your user code you can open the sensor without the alarm going off.

The sensor head is what your looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lunckpack

Hi all
    I'm a new poster so please forgive me if I should not be asking on this thread.

I have a phonewatch alarm (still being monitored) Simon system install 2007. I should still have the original paperwork somewhere.

I am thinking of adding some extra sensors after getting some building work done.

Can anyone advise me what sensors to buy and where. Could you also advise me how I can get them to talk to the panel and arm when I press "doors and windows"

Thanks in advance
    John

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hello John you will need engineer access to programme the new devices into the panel. I will send you a PM and the manual that that might be helpful.

Thanks Koolkid
    I have to say I am flabbergasted (in a nice way) at the speed of response. Got your PM thank you very much.

Do you also sell sensors by any chance?

Cheers
    John

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.:)
    For sensors look at any of the suppliers in the sticky.
    Where are you located?

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid
    I am in Bray. I will have a look in the sticky when I find it:-)

Cheers
    John

Hi Koolkid
    Found the sticky OK :-)

Thanks for all your advice and help.

All I have to do now is RTFMS. Mind you I work with computers and we never read the manuals:-) Just keep pushing buttons and if that dosn't work kick it.

Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

lunckpack wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm a new poster so please forgive me if I should not be asking on this thread.

I have a phonewatch alarm (still being monitored) Simon system install 2007. I should still have the original paperwork somewhere.

I am thinking of adding some extra sensors after getting some building work done.

Can anyone advise me what sensors to buy and where. Could you also advise me how I can get them to talk to the panel and arm when I press "doors and windows"

Thanks in advance
    John

Be aware that as your alarm is monitored by phonewatch you could potentially run into problems with your insurance if the alarm fails to activate if you add these sensors yourself. I'd also check that phonewatch will respond to extra sensors as they now charge extra to monitor any extra sensors.

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Be aware that as your alarm is monitored by phonewatch you could potentially run into problems with your insurance if the alarm fails to activate if you add these sensors yourself. I'd also check that phonewatch will respond to extra sensors as they now charge extra to monitor any extra sensors.

Thanks Evolution.
    I will look into that before I add any extra sensors. At the moment I am just moving the existing sensors to the new doors that have been fitted and all seems to be working OK. I havn't sourced any new sensors yet.

John

Advertisement