Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Robin Hobb Bringing Fitz and the Fool back :)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep, this was revealed a good few months ago when someone accidentally put up the title on Amazon. Hobb then had to go public saying it was true - she had originally been planning on keeping it quiet longer.
    I've still one more of the Rainwild Chronicles to read and then I'll be in position for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'm about halfway through it now, ah its good to have Fitz back and on form!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Excellent news missed fitz. Will have to root out the first books and read again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The initial trilogy is amazing but the follow up Tawny Man trilogy is the real star i think. The way she so masterfully wraps it all up..and theres so many threads to tie up..its amazing..she's such a great writer..

I ordered signed copies of the Farseer trilogy off some bookshop in Seattle, the autographs are cool but the covers are weirdly horrific..

Grassey wrote: »
    Wait - what? How do you have a copy already?!

• Advertisement

After Tawny man series never got round to reading the liveship traders series meant to start it but got side tracked with Wheel of time and malazan book of the fallen series.

Grassey wrote: »

????????????????

you have it already????

how?? where???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Found a copy of epub online earlier in the week. Assumed it'd already been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I really, really hated how the Tawny Man trilogy ended.
    Fitz goes off with Molly who he hasn't had a relationship with in over 20 years when I think Hobb should have have the guts to have him ride off into the sunset with the Fool.

doing it the way she did
    leave sit open for the Fool to return from his quest to discover his people/roots and also leaves it open for a bigger set up..It would be impossible to motivate Fitz to ever get involved again in anything to do with the crown, the only impetus for that would be for his family to come under threat or for nettle, his daughter, to be called to serve as monarch. I dont know if thats whats happenning but thats where i think it's going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jasnah

New book is some excellent stuff imo.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yep, looks like its been leaked from a quick Google. Im going to wait until I have the three of them, sick of starting series and not having the next book to hand when I finish.

For those of you who are reading it, maybe think about buying it once it's officially released. A writer like Hobb would earn nothing like TV/film actors whose work you might also "source" and, if a fan, she'll deserve the few euro from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jasnah

She'll certainly get it. :)

would you look at that...wonder how that got out

Yet another nights sleep stolen by Fitz and the fool.

That was amazin :)

Does it end on a cliffhanger or could it stand on its own?

It's definitely a cliff hanger..i think you really would have to have read the previous books too for full effect but my mate loved it and he hadnt, and she explains previous rlelvant events really well anyways..

deadly book.

• Advertisement

*first in a trilogy it seems..

Yeah I knew that but sometimes you can get away with it, wont be bothering so, probably be 4 or 5 years before I get to read it, ah well, thanks for the info.

Well the original trilogy and the follow up trilogy are absolutely must reads. I'd recommend them to anyone who loves an intriguing compelling read..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

Interesting, I found the first trilogy OK, although I felt the ending of the 3rd book was quite disappointing and rushed, particularly after the last third of the book seemed to drag on forever. Maybe I'll give this new one a go.

have you read the tawny man trilogy?(it was the follow up set a good few years later) it winds everything up beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

david75 wrote: »
    have you read the tawny man trilogy?(it was the follow up set a good few years later) it winds everything up beautifully.

I haven't, but unless it's a completely different pace, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. I'll keep an eye out for it though! :)

It is, and it isn't..it's a lot better in some peoples eyes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

p38 wrote: »
    .....never got round to reading the liveship traders series meant to start it but got side tracked with Wheel of time....series.
    That's some 'sidetrack'!!! :D

Tenger wrote: »
    That's some 'sidetrack'!!! :D

Still reading book 14 its well meh. Really want to get into the forgotten realms Dark elf series any-good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

p38 wrote: »
    Still reading book 14 its well meh. Really want to get into the forgotten realms Dark elf series any-good?

Ah, an old guilty pleasure for me. Read most of them. They are repetitive but if you ever played D&D you will enjoy them. Can't remember how good the original trilogy was as I read it over 20 years ago.

Advertisement