Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A real pain in the behind type of a user!

Options
  • 09-05-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was just on a team with a real keyboard-warrior ar5ehole of a team-mate, by the name of <snip>. He started the game by issuing orders in the chatbox as to what HE thought the tactics should be, and then spent the rest of the battle giving out to team-mates, and he seemed to take it really personally that his team-mates weren't up to his high standards. He kept calling them 'noobs' etc.

I rarely contribute much in the chat - time spent chatting is time NOT spent playing - but this time I said "<snip>: Shut up! You're annoying"

Naturally, he came back with some choice insults, some directed at me, some at others. Towards the end, he said:
    If you commit suicide in RL, no one would notice. You're that worthless
    I don't know if he was talking to me or someone else.

All of us here in Ireland will have heard of three or four cases in the last year or two of teen suicides following online bullying. It is NOT acceptable to say things like that to anyone in any online forum. So, how do we teach him that it is not acceptable?

I would urge all boardsies who play WoT to have a quick look at the team list each time you play. If you find <snip> on your team, please do what I will do every time I ever see the name again: sneak up behind him, kill him with a couple of shots up the ass, and most importantly, TELL HIM WHY in the chatbox.

If he gets killed a few times in that way, he might learn some manners!

Come back and let us know if you do.

Comments welcome, but please keep it civil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Raging in chat happens, I sometimes do it myself though I try not to. There are lines not to be crossed though, the above being one of them.

Your best bet is to send a replay/screenshot to Wargaming Support, he could end up being banned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//Mod

This is a discussion board which implies discussion and not ranting & raving in general. I've removed the user's name because it adds nothing to the discussion nor does suggesting breaking of game policy in some vague attempt of mob justice. As suggested by Aenaes report him and let the WoTmods deal with him and his behavior.

//Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Aenaes wrote: »
    ...Your best bet is to send a replay/screenshot to Wargaming Support, he could end up being banned.

And how would one go about doing any of that? Because I haven't a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

And how would one go about doing any of that? Because I haven't a clue!

There's a link to their Support section at the top of their website.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/core/Default/Index

I've reported one offensive nickname and they changed it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

....... If you find <snip> on your team, please do what I will do every time I ever see the name again: sneak up behind him, kill him with a couple of shots up the ass, and most importantly, TELL HIM WHY in the chatbox.

If he gets killed a few times in that way, he might learn some manners!

Come back and let us know if you do.....l.
    Actually this will only hurt you. If you teamkill too much you will have your account banned.

A cleverer way is to impede there game so much that they will shoot you, and thus get banned.

And WoT does attract a certain number of angry immature players. Best just to ignore them. Its part of the free to paly game type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tenger wrote: »
    And WoT does attract a certain number of angry immature players. Best just to ignore them. Its part of the free to paly game type.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sometimes its v hard not to rage in chat.. had a game in wz131 at the weekend, was for my x5 bonus, fishermans village, done some spotting, then after 2 or 3 mins done a dash from centre of map. killed all 4 of their arty and a 13 75 before getting killed. at this stage we were winning 14-5 and we lost. like ffs.. i was fuming.. would have gotten a nice amount of creds..

never tk an assh0le though, just push them into enemy fire or push them into water :P

Advertisement