Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g ping tests

Options
  • 09-05-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

From looking at the speed test results posted around here the pings generally seem to be much better than on 3g. Could someone with Meteor 4g run a few longer duration ping tests from a shell/cmd terminal?

I know that midband isnt great for gaming (as the sticky says at top of forum) but i'm interested in seeing if its any better than 3g and if its better than my current fixed wireless provider (understanding all the caveats about mobile signals).

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Meteor 4G is streets ahead of Meteor 3G or any other 3G Provider for Latency Dependent Purposes ,
    I use a Blueface VOIP account and using Meteor 4G it has been flawless since launch ,I also use 2 x D****Box which have been freeze free.:D

Advertisement