Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DHW system

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have a new build that we will be sending out tender documents soon. I have ASHP with underfloor heating system specced by one of the HP companies with a 300L tank.
    Now I need to think about the DHW side of things. There will be 4 bathrooms (4 showers, 1 bath) in the house.
    I don't think the water pressure / flow is good enough to utilise a mains pressure system. My own thoughts were

Breaker tank ~500L with submersible pump for the power showers, maybe a heat exchange system (just for the legionella - heating the tank to 60c isn't efficient for a heat pump).

Re-circulation system (time / temp and presence controlled) with highly insulated pipe work. The en-suite is at the opposite end of the house to the hot water cylinder, have same issue in the house I am renting takes 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to reach the shower. Don't like pouring cooled hot water down the sink.

Is this a sensible / workable solution? I am not a plumber so apologies far any silly errors. I was planning to give the basic outline / concept of what I wanted and then pin down the details with the builder / plumber after the tender.

Lastly the water hardness from the council is 80 - 229 mg /ml (average 158mg /ml) so I am not sure if I need to have a water softener, and how that would be incorporated.

Any pointers / help much appreciated

BmcB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Why do you not have the heat pump looking after your dhw?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobMcBob

The heat pump will be providing the hot water as well as the heating. It is the distribution etc of the hot water that I want to get sorted. The system design from the heat pump installer has the underfloor system and the hot water cylinder but stops at that.

BmB

Advertisement