Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network settings on LG E900

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought an LG windows 7 E900 phone a few yrs ago (was a boards bargain alert).Anyway the phone was not sim locked and I remember there were just a few settings I needed to configure to get it working on my network.

Fast forward to now and the phone has been out of use for some time but I need it again. So I bought a new sim card from a different provider to my previous one and the phone refuses to recognise it now - says it is missing or invalid. I don't remember how to reset or re-configure the mobile provider settings on theLG E900. I can get as far as the hidden ''MFG'' menu but I can't find any relevant settings there.

Can anyone tell me how to reconfigure so that this new sim will work? Factory reset doesnt work.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Mobiles

Is the phone recognising any sim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I can't test another sim as my husband has a micro sim in his phone so it won't fit. But we dug out another old phone today which works fine with the new sim. Still, I would like to use the LG again if possible.

I forgot to mention that my husband also has one of the LG E900s - we bought two at the same time because they were cheap -- his was also sim free butit will not take the new sim either - same error message. So it's definitely something we configured on them that needs to be changed.

Advertisement