Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to the US - temporary sim card?

Options
  • 09-05-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I'm off to the states next week for 3 weeks. I want to be able to have access to the data network for Google maps etc and not pay roaming charges on my Irish number.

Is it possible to buy a temporary American sim card? (my phone is unlocked).

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I bought an AT&T GoSim when I was over there in January. I believe it was $60 and came with minutes and data. If you can get to a T-Mobile store I'd say they'd be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Robbieol

www. readysim .com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm off to the states next week for 3 weeks. I want to be able to have access to the data network for Google maps etc and not pay roaming charges on my Irish number.

Is it possible to buy a temporary American sim card? (my phone is unlocked).

Prepay deals in the USA are not as good as back in Europe.

One of the better deals is T-mobile's prepay package. 50 USD per month for unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 1GB of 4G data and unlimited 2G data. T-Mobile stores are all over the place.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Fungus wrote: »
    Prepay deals in the USA are not as good as back in Europe.

One of the better deals is T-mobile's prepay package. 50 USD per month for unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 1GB of 4G data and unlimited 2G data. T-Mobile stores are all over the place.

Unless your going to Vegas, first, for the life of us we couldn't find a T-Mobile store on the strip.

Advertisement