Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Radars?

Options
  • 08-05-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any radars that update faster than every 10 minutes or so... i have netweather extra but it results in me viewing 10 minutes ago but the y cleverly advertise as "updated every 5 minutes"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

I don't agree that it is clever advertising at all. It does update every 5 minutes, approx 8/9 minutes behind real time. Incidentally this is about the same as RTE however it only updates every 15 minutes. BBC only updates every 30 minutes and is usually almost 15 minutes behind real time.

I think what you want is real or almost real time radar. I'm not aware of any in the public realm and I would certainly doubt it would come cheap if it can be attained. IMO, net weather radar is the best easily available out there and is well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Radars generally take 2mins to do a full revolution... that then has to be distributed through the data network shared and paid for by government operators ... you wont get any data quicker that 10mins delay unless you work in Met Eireann or the Met office .

Advertisement