Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swimming in Limerick

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

moving to Limerick soon and would like to improve on my swimming

Are there any swimming clubs or triathlon clubs around that do some training in the university pool ?

I can swim, can swim 200m without stopping, however I guess I need motivation hence me wondering about group training

any swim a mile challenges or anything like that going on around Limerick, would need to do some training first obviously

Time will be on my side-I should be free most evenings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Evenings in UL is packed with kids in the lanes. 2 public lanes with all sorts going on.

Limerick Tri have set work on Mon, wed and Fri at 7am. 4 lanes ranging from beginner or slow to fast fish. Well worth joining in. Just hop in the lane and join the back of the group. You will find your level quickly.

Limerick masters would be an advanced set of same at lunchtimes

There is a 1.6k in Killaloe in either August or September. Otherwise check out the OW calendar floating around

Best of luck

Advertisement