Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S3 won't charge properly :-(

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Thought it was a dodgy charger, it's not. It seems to be the internal connection that is fecked. Any suggestions or is it time for a new phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Sounds like the micro usb port, one of those little phone shops where some indian dude will fix it for a few quid may work.

Or if you're handy, buy it on ebay with the screwdrivers you need and have a look on YouTube as to fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

My daughters s3 started playing up like that, so I ordered a replacement battery on ebay, and it's back to normal again. I think the s3's are at the age now that the batteries are failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

Best thing i ever bought for my S3. 3 days battery life and phone is only slightly bigger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Extended-GT-I9300-EB-L1G6LLU-Compatibility-18-Month/dp/B009SY3R36/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1399597609&sr=8-6&keywords=galaxy+s3+battery

Why they didnt put this size battery in by default is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Don't think its the battery. The phone keeps beeping low battery even when plugged in,so I think its a loose connection. Would it cost much to get the charging port replaced anyone know?

Might need a restore. Mine the odd time comes up with nothing but a picture of a completely flat battery and wont boot or charge.

Hold down vol down, power and bottom button and see if it does anything.

then try volume up and power if that doesnt work.

Just to see if you can get any response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

It could be diet in the usb port. That's what it was when it happened to me. Used a small flathead screwdriver to clean above and below the connector

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thought it was a dodgy charger, it's not. It seems to be the internal connection that is fecked. Any suggestions or is it time for a new phone?

Did you try a different cable? I had an issue with a cable I bought online and went back to the Samsung one and it was fine.
    Media999 wrote: »
    Best thing i ever bought for my S3. 3 days battery life and phone is only slightly bigger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Extended-GT-I9300-EB-L1G6LLU-Compatibility-18-Month/dp/B009SY3R36/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1399597609&sr=8-6&keywords=galaxy+s3+battery

That is a beast of a battery. Samsung should atleast make a Samsung XL battery. I remember emailing them about using an etxended battery and they said it voided the warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

It's not the cable - already established that here I thought! It's definitely the port. Took it in to be fixed - €45.
    Come home, and it's beeping 'low battery' again although less fiddling with the charger needed this time. Still though, can't just plug it in & trust that it will charge! :-(

Ah right i thought you werent sure but if its defo the port theres not much you can do. flog it on done deal for 50 quid and put it towards a new phone.

Does that clip on? or just hold on?
    Does the battery ever fall out?

• Advertisement

It comes with a whole new back cover and bigger battery.

back cover is as solid as a rock and no hope of falling off. More sturdy than the original even.

original cover comes off, new battery and new cover goes on.

Phone still weighs less than an iphone to give you some comparison.

best thing ive ever bought for the phone as there no need to replace it.

Anybody who has held the phone without me telling them what it is just thought it was the galaxy s4!

look here

http://youtu.be/zD3orhkVb_Y?t=5m

It comes with a whole new back cover and bigger battery.

back cover is as solid as a rock and no hope of falling off. More sturdy than the original even.

original cover comes off, new battery and new cover goes on.

Phone still weighs less than an iphone to give you some comparison.

best thing ive ever bought for the phone as there no need to replace it.

Anybody who has held the phone without me telling them what it is just thought it was the galaxy s4!

look here

http://youtu.be/zD3orhkVb_Y?t=5m

Ok, thanks.

He lost 44% after 6.5 hours. It doesnt seem to be much use if thats the case. Im a heavy user and get about that with the original. :(

Thats not the same battery just the same type of cover. different brands.

Didnt even listen to sound on it just showing you how the case fits on.

charged battery last night and its now at 70% so thats the best i can explain it. browsing a good bit, GPS always on and full brightness.

charged battery last night and its now at 70% so thats the best i can explain it. browsing a good bit, GPS always on and full brightness.

Ok thanks.

Im curious. Whats it at now and how many hours was it on? it says in the Settings>Battery screen.

Sorry just charged and reflashed cyanogenmod 11 but what i will do is let you know tomorrow or whatever.

Phone hasnt actually gone 100% dead in a long time as i usually charge even when its on 30 odd after 2 days.

Work on Laptop so i usually just plug it in rather than wait for it to die and need charging.

Thanks Media999

Advertisement