Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best free web / mass texting service

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for a phone package to run a network of about 3 -400 organisations mainly using texting. I envisage a mass text about once a month, with texts to smaller subgroups also once a month. I have used Vodafone and O2 webtext before and found both to be limited in terms of the size of text you can send and the number of people you can text at a time for free. Is there any change, or what operator would you recommend. I am aware of viber and whatsapp etc, but I can't use anything that the recipient has to opt in to.
    Secondly, I need a cheap, but reliable phone that I can upload the contacts database onto. For my sanity it needs to have a full keyboard facility, but after that doesn't need to be particularly smart.
    Thanks a million
    JAMAS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Could you use a bulk sms provider ? ( - otherwise people may start getting text messages at all hours if they get queued )

also you have to check as much as possible that they are legit - otherwise your contacts will end up getting all sorts

Advertisement