Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to e-cigs

Options
  • 08-05-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey,
    As the title says I am totally new to e-cigs. I have been reading the stickys and have checked out the recommended sites. I am looking into getting a starter kit. Since there is such a wide range available, i am completely lost.
    I am intersted in the E-smart eCigarette Starter Kit on ezsmoke.ie and was wondering is this a good enough one to be starting off on or should I just splash out a bit more money and get a better one. Also can somebody tell me what the battery life would be like on it?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

If you're just starting out and looking for something with a decent battery life I'd recommend an ego style battery. www.thebestshop.eu carries the Joyetech range and have their starter kits. I started with an ego-T kit from them but I hated the atomizer and tank setup on.them so quickly changed to clearomizers. The Vision V2 is probably the best one for starting off. It's disposable so if you want something reusable you could go for the V3 where you just have to replace the atomizer heads and stick with your clearomizer.

I'm sure others will have differing opinions but it's how I started out and I can't say that I'd do it differently. If you do go for the ego, try get a 1300mAh battery, you should about a day and a half to 2 days out of it. The 650mAh will give you about a day.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

polarax wrote: »
    Hey,
    As the title says I am totally new to e-cigs. I have been reading the stickys and have checked out the recommended sites. I am looking into getting a starter kit. Since there is such a wide range available, i am completely lost.
    I am intersted in the E-smart eCigarette Starter Kit on ezsmoke.ie and was wondering is this a good enough one to be starting off on or should I just splash out a bit more money and get a better one. Also can somebody tell me what the battery life would be like on it?
    Thank you!

Can you post a link for the kit please

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

I Wouldnt reccomend that kit for starting off. I think when first trying an ecig one would be constantly taking pulls as the hit is less noticable than a smoke making one smoke an ecig more often to get satisfaction umtill one gets used to ecigs and the hit from them.

Id go for their ego ce4 plus spinner or twist kit with some spare coils. Bigger capacity and longer lasting battery which can be turned up or down to suit.
    More expencive but i think better in the long run.
    provided u keep at it and dont give up on them ecigs do work. Good luck

Ps. A lanyard was a life saver for me coz i couldnt keep the ecig in my pocket with type of work i do. Something to bare in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 43 polarax

Thank you everyone for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

My 10c if you've not bought already. Get the 2 x evod clearomizers, two x evod vv 900mah battery's, 1 x charger, plus any of the wing nuts premium range of juices from e-smoke Ireland. Or some t-juice from ezsmoke. Make sure you get 1.8ohm coils. As they fit the voltage range of the evod battery's best IMO. Plus with the evods you can rebuild the coils if you stick with it long enough to need to.. I'm only 2 months in to vaping and started with ce4 type clearos and ego battery's that were regulated to 3.7 volts. I quickly bought evods for a few reasons which I won't bore/confuse you with.. Hope I've helped.
    Ps sites I've used and liked are
    e-smokeireland.eu
    Thebestshop.eu
    Ezsmoke.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is there a bricks and mortar store in Dublin (city center) for buying these? Need to get it today/tomorrow for a mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there a bricks and mortar store in Dublin (city center) for buying these? Need to get it today/tomorrow for a mate.

Purple box in temple bar, or smoke different in Mary street arcade.

Went to the Mary St arcade... never even knew the place existed, a true melting pot of multiculturalism

Are the €25 starter kits good to use to try out e-cigs (to see if she likes it)?

This one: http://smokedifferent.ie/product/ce5-starter-kit/

Went to the Mary St arcade... never even knew the place existed, a true melting pot of multiculturalism

Are the €25 starter kits good to use to try out e-cigs (to see if she likes it)?

This one: http://smokedifferent.ie/product/ce5-starter-kit/

They're ok . That's a lot for a blister pack though unless it has juice with it.

nah I don't think so, I might try to haggle them down if we get a few juices with it, but obviously it's always going to be more expensive buying from a B&M than online

• Advertisement

nah I don't think so, I might try to haggle them down if we get a few juices with it, but obviously it's always going to be more expensive buying from a B&M than online

True. I was thinking they were a CE4, but the CE5 is meant to be much better.

Give it a go.

I was thinking they were a CE4, but the CE5 is meant to be much better.

Good stuff. She's going on a holiday this week so I think 2 weeks with no stress will be a perfect time to try out an e-cig.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Tell her to bring a wall charger with a usb port or she won't be able to charge it.
    most Irish on line shops will dispatch next day so if she doesn't need it till the end of the week you might be better off getting one on line.

I put in an order for concentrates last night with ezsmoke and got an email before lunch today that it was dispatched.

They have a good selection of starter kits there, I would advise her to get a kit with 2 batteries so you always have one on the go.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-kits-c-53.html

hmm cutting it a little close as she's leaving Thursday eve... for the sake of spending €10 more or whatever I'd rather she has it in her hand. Also she can try out the different juices in the shop etc.

Definitely will use online to get more juices or upgrade etc, but not poss this week.

She loves it! ... Maybe a little too much! ;)

Can you overdo the e-smoking, or can you do it as often as you like?

Too much nicotine will make her sick, but she'll work that out for herself!

You can overdo ANYTHING even to much water is bad for you , everything in moderation is key to a healthy balanced body and mind, ohh if i could only practice it myself:)

Check out our site folks!! Best prices right now guaranteed!!! 2 Euro Dekang liquids and freepost via facebook!

You will summon the wrath of the MODS

The CE5 appears to be leaking.. Boourns :(

Before we bring it back to get a replacement is this kind of thing common in e-cigs? Is it likely a crack or a damaged o-ring?

The e-cig has never been dropped or crushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Patww79 wrote: »

Get an eGo twist or a vision spinner. With these you can twist the bottom of them to change the voltage to suit the coil you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All ecigs basically* default to 3.7v. Joyetech eGos are 3.3v.
    Get an eGo Twist or Spinner and you can set it exactly where you like it.

*nominal voltage. Some start at 4.2v and taper down unregulated, some regulate to 3.7v, some to 3.3v.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

With a resistance that high I find the standard batteries a bit weak. If you order from ESI or thebestshop or vaperus in the next few hours you should have it tomorrow.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/spinner.htm

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/31-batteries

http://www.vaperus.ie/kanger/425-evod-twist.html

The CE5 appears to be leaking.. Boourns :(

Before we bring it back to get a replacement is this kind of thing common in e-cigs? Is it likely a crack or a damaged o-ring?

The e-cig has never been dropped or crushed.

So as I asked earlier, is leakage a common thing with these?

Very dangerous if so

So as I asked earlier, is leakage a common thing with these?

Very dangerous if so

Leakage is common, but the amount of leakage varies. If it is leaking a bit on to the battery, so the connection needs a wipe whenever you top up, then that's normal for a low end clearo. If it is visibly leaking on to your hands, then no, that's not normal.

Leaking out into her handbag and she initially got a mouthful of e-cig liquid.. Which im assuming is not too healthy

Yuk! A small bit won't hurt, but it isn't pleasant.

That's not uncommon in cheaper clearos, especially ones that come in a blister pack.

It really is worth investing in something decent. A kanger evod 2 or one of the aspire clearos.

• Advertisement

Advertisement