Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond League talk

Options
  • 08-05-2014 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

With Doha kicking off the season tomorrow I thought might be an idea to start a thread for discussion

Some great events on tomorrow night

Mens 800m
    Aman v Amos. Amos looks to be returning to the levels which saw him take silver in London with 2 400m pbs (pretty sure it was two anyway) this season. Aman has been dominant as of late in the absence of Rudisha and I think he will come good tomorrow night but I think when Amos gets a few 800s under his belt we will see him run some pretty fast times this year.

Womens 3000
    While this may be the Dibaba show I think Kipyegon could surprise as she usually starts the season fast (3.56 in 1500 last year in Doha)

Mens High Jump
    The Event to watch this year as I really do think that the WR will go. Despite the absence of Bondarenko you will have 3 2.40m jumpers coming off phenomenal indoor seasons.

Womens 800m
    I think up front despite having the US, World Indoor champion I think it will be an African affair with Sum and Jepkosgei battling it out. Bit of Irish interest here with Galligan in action. Hopefully will get into a few top class races throughout there year and aim to tackle the 2 min barrier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Can't wait for this. Unfortunately I'm going to miss tomorrow nights races with work but interested to see how Galligan gets on in a pretty stacked field. This is the type of competition she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Is this on TV and what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Is this on TV and what time?

Diamond League

Friday, 9 May

Doha, 17:00-19:00, BBC Red Button

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

BBC preview here http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/athletics/27296326

Mentions coverage on red button.

Doesn't look like Eurosport have it either http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

Hopefully there'll be a stream available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Ahhh I don't have red button, and don't have Eurosport either in case they do have it. I remember last year somebody put up the full Lithuanian coverage of the DL meets on Youtube. That got me through the early meets until BBC started showing it.

Doha by far my least favourite so can live with missing this one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

I hate the red button more than Canada and the Weather forum combined!!!! FML

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Good oul ls hunter it is so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

kiprop v mackloufi

should be interesting

kiprop wins 3-29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Was that 5 or 6 men under 3.31? :eek:

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    Was that 5 or 6 men under 3.31? :eek:

lot of fast times in that

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

2:02:42 for Roseanne.

http://www.trackie.com/track-and-field/Articles/2014-doha-diamond-league-live-stream-information/12288/

For anyone looking for a link.

Solid opener for Roseanne. Remains consistently in around that level.

Great race between Aman and Amos. Time alot slower than expected especially for Aman. Made tough work of it. I think one or two more races and Amos will have him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Kemboi really is a legend. Great for the sport.

Kemboi really is a legend. Great for the sport.

Provided he stays out of prison :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Am thinking of taking the young fella to the Diamond League meet in Brussels on the 5th Sept, is there anywhere you can see guaranteed starters for that meet.

shiibata wrote: »
    Am thinking of taking the young fella to the Diamond League meet in Brussels on the 5th Sept, is there anywhere you can see guaranteed starters for that meet.

Official start lists not up till the week of unfortunately however from announcements so for you have

- Valerie Adams in the shot
    - Borlee's (all three) in the 400
    - Ukhov, Bondarenko and Barshim in the High Jump

Also if you are a distance fan you won't get a better 10k as year on year they consistently assemble the best 10k of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

ecoli wrote: »

- Valerie Adams in the shot
    - Borlee's (all three) in the 400
    - Ukhov, Bondarenko and Barshim in the High Jump

Also if you are a distance fan you won't get a better 10k as year on year they consistently assemble the best 10k of the year

Distance fans we are, well, middle preferably..800m would be his speciality but I see they don't even have a Men's 800m on. Well, the High jump looks pretty good viewing if they keep their good form til then.

Advertisement