Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen renovation

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

hi all,

I'm looking for some advice please. I am building a new sun room extension and the entrance will be through French doors where current kitchen window is. A lot of re-jigging will be required in the kitchen area to allow for this. The current kitchen units are solid pine and all in great shape and I'd like to know if it would be possible/advisable/economical to use these in redesigning the kitchen or would it be a lot of hassle. The redeveloped kitchen will have an island to accommodate the moved sink and storage and I'm wondering if I can incorporate some of the current units into the kitchen/island or will I need to buy all new. Budget is definitely a factor here but if its going to be a lot of hassle and look shoddy then sacrifices will have to be made in other areas to accommodate for new kitchen.

Also I am considering getting current units sprayed a new colour to make more modern but they have a design on them which may not be suitable/look well when sprayed and it may be difficult to get similar design for required new units.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. My mind is approaching the fried stage from researching house renovation as its first time and really not my forté.
    Thanks in advace...

Advertisement