Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a stool for next to my bed

Options
  • 08-05-2014 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Having kind of broken a 2nd mattress simply by sitting on the edge of it every morning and evening whilst getting dressed/undressed, I'm looking for a large stool, or a backless chair that I can sit on next to the bed. I don't want a footstool, I'd prefer something of similar height to the bed.

Can anyone recommend anywhere that would stock such a stool, or perhaps if not a stool, the name of the furniture that would suit me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭game4it70

Ikea have these in a few colours if any use to you.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20202399/

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I have found the bottom of a broken office chair on castors very useful item in a bedroom. The backrest is the weak point. The cushioned base can be covered in some fabric to match decor using a staple gun. The height can be adjusted as per an office chair and casters make for convenient moving about. You can't use it to stand on tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

game4it70 wrote: »
    Ikea have these in a few colours if any use to you.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20202399/
    More of a table, and less of a chair. Would also be afraid it'd snap.

Found this that came close, but the tilt would be too much. Need a more more flat top.

=-=

This nearly fitted the bill, as the height is only 43cm rahter than 50cm. May put a cushion on it. Would prefer one with no back, though.

=-=

This has a padded seat, so looks okay.

=-=

This one here looks like a definite winner! At 47cm's high, it's a close match to the height I wanted, and there's no back to it. It also looks sturdy. Very good for €35. There's another for €45, but apart from the cloth, I don't think there's a difference.

game4it70; thanks for pointing me towards Ikea :)

Advertisement