Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is best package for car tracking in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I would say Three, because of the price, but you might consider getting an O2 Sim card, and opting into unlimited data from it. Even though it is only 7.5GB, that's more than enough for this use. Also, the coverage should be, theoretically, better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi,

I'm using them and ... change the car locks !

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fatscally

I would say Three, because of the price, but you might consider getting an O2 Sim card, and opting into unlimited data from it. Even though it is only 7.5GB, that's more than enough for this use. Also, the coverage should be, theoretically, better.

Well I just need a bit of texts and a bit of data. I was looking at Meteor at a tenner per month but I've no idea how PAYG works. If I put €10 on it right, and say I get 100 texts and 100mb data...

What happens after 30 days if it's not used up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Well, then the credit remains. However, I'm just thinking, and 48 might work for you. Tenner a month for unlimited texts, 1GB of data, and 300 minutes. Set up auto top up and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

I got one of those installed yesterday in my car and I've an O2 SIM in it. I Chose O2 because they say they don't deactivate inactive SIMs for at least a year. The SIM will be inactive for long periods of time if the car is never stolen, so this is important. You don't want the car to be stolen and you don't know because the SIM has been deactivated.

Anyway, it's working well. Haven't got GPRS working yet but only started trying when I found this post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement