Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile version

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone... i'm new here, so kindly bear me! I'm in Japan for a business trip and I'm planning to buy Nexus 5. i checked it out on Amazon nd found a seller who specifies that it's a sim EMOBILE free version. I thought that the phone will be locked by Emobile. So can someone explain me the concept and tell me whether i will be able to use the phone in my home country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

EM, or EMobile, is a Japanese operator that has nothing to do with eMobile, the eircom subsidiary in Ireland, running on the Meteor network. If you buy this phone, you might need to unlock it for use with other sim cards.

However, if its cheap and cheerful to buy, go for it, but you WILL need to unlock it for a few quid online.

Update: I just checked it out. The phone is retailing for the equivalent of €105, for a 32GB model. That's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Solu_Meetu

Thanks for the reply StaticNoise. The one I'm planning to purchase is for 42k yen (nearly 300 Euro) and it says it's a sim free version. Should I still need to get it unlocked?

If it's sim free, you're good to go.

Thanks again... Will go ahead and buy it :)

Congrats on your new purchase.

You're more than welcome to buy me one if you like. I won't argue with that.

• Advertisement

That's very gracious on your part :) i'm not that thankful though ;)

Advertisement