Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance query damaged phone

Options
  • 07-05-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hello :)
    I have had my i phone 4s for a year now and have insurance with Zurich. The past while (2 months approx) it has stopped playing sound on videos randomly, some days there will be sound some days there wont; today there isn't. The charger doesn't work either unless it's in a particular position which is starting to get really annoying. I haven't done anything about it thus far as I have had college exams but am thinking of going into Meteor tomorrow to see where I stand as far as getting a replacement. Does anyone know what the process would be since I have insurance? No point paying nearly 50 quid a month and insurance on top of that for a phone that is giving me nothing but trouble. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

anna080 wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I have had my i phone 4s for a year now and have insurance with Zurich. The past while (2 months approx) it has stopped playing sound on videos randomly, some days there will be sound some days there wont; today there isn't. The charger doesn't work either unless it's in a particular position which is starting to get really annoying. I haven't done anything about it thus far as I have had college exams but am thinking of going into Meteor tomorrow to see where I stand as far as getting a replacement. Does anyone know what the process would be since I have insurance? No point paying nearly 50 quid a month and insurance on top of that for a phone that is giving me nothing but trouble. Thanks.

Insurance normally covers you for accidental damage and theft, not for defects in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

whiterebel wrote: »
    Insurance normally covers you for accidental damage and theft, not for defects in the phone?

So a recent fault in the phone would not be enough for me to get a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

why not claim on the warranty? how old is the phone? call Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    why not claim on the warranty? how old is the phone? call Apple.

The phone is just over a year old so the warranty is out by a few days. Went into meteor yesterday and the girl was less than helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have you called apple and given them your imei, sometimes their dates are out very slightly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement