Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to wash painted walls?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

My OH has just moved into a new place. Its nice but there are some stains on the walls that I am itching to clean off. Is it possible to wash painted walls without marking them?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

gg2 wrote: »
    My OH has just moved into a new place. Its nice but there are some stains on the walls that I am itching to clean off. Is it possible to wash painted walls without marking them?

Depends on what paint is on the walls, a lot of paints are washable esp kitchen paint, if it's a Matt paint don't think it can be washed, best thing would be to but a litre and give it a coat will freshen it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes, if its Washable Matt, soft sheen or vinyl silk. Basically if the walls look slightly shiny you are good to go. Ordinary matt wont wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Pretty sure its ordinary matt......

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Depends on the 'ordinary matt' - some really good brands like Colortrend are washable even if it is just a matt finish. I think Dulux do one called Diamond Matt aswell that is washable. There are usually more expensive for that reason - cause they are more durable & stand up to being washed.

Test a bit of washing somewhere where you arent going to notice - because if its not a washable paint, the paint will come off when you wash it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Brilliant thanks! Will give that a go!
    I doubt its an expensive paint though-it being a rental house I'd guess its just basic stuff.
    We are contemplating painting it ourselves, if it was washable it would be so much handier!

• Advertisement
Advertisement