Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting registered and having the ceremony much later

Options
  • 07-05-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Me and the Missus are getting hitched and we have to do it soon for visa reasons. We can't organize a big ceremony and get all our families together in such a short time so we're planning to get registered without much ado and have a ceremony on our first anniversary. Is that crazy, will the guests think it silly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

smegmar wrote: »
    Me and the Missus are getting hitched and we have to do it soon for visa reasons. We can't organize a big ceremony and get all our families together in such a short time so we're planning to get registered without much ado and have a ceremony on our first anniversary. Is that crazy, will the guests think it silly?

First wedding anniversary party. Sounds great. You can still have cake and photos and a band and nice clothes, and all your loved ones. Hot buffet lots of champagne. Smashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sounds like a great idea. go for it. Nothing wrong with the idea, sounds quite loverly..Plus as you say it is a rush and at least this way ye can take time and relax and plan it properly..

1st anniversary will be loverly, a double celebration for one year married and getting marries...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We gave notice ,got married 3 months later then 18 months later had a big wedding .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sounds very reasonable to me. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You could have the ceremony, and send out wedding announcements mentioning your plan to those you want to know?

Something like X and Y are pleased to announce our marriage by a private ceremony on such a date. Our wedding was small but we hope you can join us to celebrate on our first anniversary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 brassbutterfly

Lovely idea! Not at all silly! Might as well get the necessary business out of the way and celebrate when you have the time to organise properly and get everyone together!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

No it's a lovely idea. My partner's parents actually did the same. They were living abroad, got married in a civil ceremony other there, then when they moved back home 12 months later they had the big Irish wedding. I've often thought about it myself. Takes a lot of pressure off. Then when you're having the celebration (on the 1st anniversary is a great idea!) it is just a party to celebrate and no stress!

Advertisement