Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons for disabled?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi
    We're getting hand controls fitted to the car but need to get some lessons on using them before taking to the roads.
    My husband has taken one lesson in the Clane centre but they say he cannot drive to or from the lessons using either the pre-done car (undoing lessons learnt) or in the post-done car (not used to it yet). It's a nuisance having to ask people to drive him as most people are at work when the lessons are on, including me.
    Does anyone know of an instructor who will do the lessons to and from our home in Lucan using either an adapted car of their own or my husbands (once it's done).
    He's rang around a fair bit but with no joy so far.
    Anyone been there and got any advice?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Hi Iospir.

If you ring the Irish Wheelchair Association they will tell you the details. They have driving instructors and will meet with your husband before the lessons start.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Iospir

Thanks a lot. He tried them but you have to go to Clontarf for the lessons. It seems mad that the very people who really need a door to door service can't get it while the rest of us get it automatically. There is a place in Finglas too apparently but same story applies.

Advertisement