Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing wireless sensors aritech cs350 alarm

Options
  • 07-05-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an aritech cs350 alarm installed with a few wireless sensors and a few wired, one wireless keeps going off, if i change the cr123a battery in it it doesn't go off for a while but then after a while it will.

Could the sensor be gone dodgy in this and if so how easy/hard is it to change?

I have the installer code.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

kopkidda wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an aritech cs350 alarm installed with a few wireless sensors and a few wired, one wireless keeps going off, if i change the cr123a battery in it it doesn't go off for a while but then after a while it will.

Could the sensor be gone dodgy in this and if so how easy/hard is it to change?

I have the installer code.

Thanks

More than likely a quick bridge with wire free sensors added in.
    I take it you have checked the voltage on the sensor and it is being drained.
    If that is the case then the unit itself could be faulty.

One thing I would do first is put your system in walk test to identity which wire free sensors are on the zone you are going to delete on the quick bridge.

There is no code on the quick bridge so you need to delete any sensors enrolled on that zone on the quick bridge and re-enroll them along with the new one.

I have sent you the manual off the quick bridge by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Thanks for getting back to me,id say voltage is getting drained, i have no way of checking this and wouldnt know were to start.

Am i better at getting someone in to have a look at this as it sounds tricky enough.

Thanks for getting back to me,id say voltage is getting drained, i have no way of checking this and wouldnt know were to start.

Am i better at getting someone in to have a look at this as it sounds tricky enough.

To check the voltage you will need a multimeter.
    If you are not confident to do this then I would recommend getting an installer to do this for you.

altor wrote: »
    To check the voltage you will need a multimeter.
    If you are not confident to do this then I would recommend getting an installer to do this for you.

Ye prob for the best, I have gone through about 2/3 cr123a batteries in the past month, so id say sensor is gone.

I could definetly get my head around replacing this sensor as I know my way around the control panel, its just im not sure what is involved, pity its not just plug and play :)

Ye prob for the best, I have gone through about 2/3 cr123a batteries in the past month, so id say sensor is gone.

I could definetly get my head around replacing this sensor as I know my way around the control panel, its just im not sure what is involved, pity its not just plug and play :)

Have a look at the manual I sent you as it only a matter of deleting the sensors on the zone with the problem the re-enrolling them. If your stuck more than happy to help.

• Advertisement

Have a look at the manual I sent you as it only a matter of deleting the sensors on the zone with the problem the re-enrolling them. If your stuck more than happy to help.

Ye reading it now, i defo have that setup as I have a wireless receiver beside the mail alarm panel in hotpress.

Do I open up that receiver to reprogram sensors?How do I know what sensors I have to remove and add?

Any place that I can get these wireless sensors?

Ye reading it now, i defo have that setup as I have a wireless receiver beside the mail alarm panel in hotpress.

Do I open up that receiver to reprogram sensors?How do I know what sensors I have to remove and add?

Any place that I can get these wireless sensors?

If you put your alarm in engineer mode then walk test the sensors on the zone in question just to identify them.

Then go at the receiver.

These sensors can be got in the suppliers here.

Ok great, do i need to do anything with the panel itself,apart from putting it into engineer mode?

Not sure about walk testing but will give it a go and see what happens, thanks for your help.

Ok great, do i need to do anything with the panel itself,apart from putting it into engineer mode?

Not sure about walk testing but will give it a go and see what happens, thanks for your help.

Always happy to help :)

When you go into engineer mode, then into maintenance you should see walk test by scrolling through the menu. Go into here and onto the zone with the sensors installed. Go around and test the sensors by tapping them to see what sensors are installed on this zone as when you delete them you will need to re-enroll all these back on the same zone on the receiver which corresponds with the zone in the alarm system. You will not need to open the control panel at any stage to do this.

Deleting Wireless Transmitters

To delete all transmitters from a zone:
    1. Enter program mode sliding the DIP switch up.
    2. Press and release the ADV switch until the desired zone LED turns on.
    3. Press and hold the SEL switch for five seconds to delete all transmitters from this zone. The zone LED should turn off.
    4. Slide the DIP switch down to put the receiver in run mode.

To learn a transmitter into a zone:

1. Enter program mode by sliding the DIP switch up. The low battery and supervisory LEDs blink back and forth.
    2. Press and release the ADV switch until the desired zone LED turns on. (Pressing and holding the ADV switch advances to the next zone and causes the zone LED to flicker.)
    3. Press and release the SEL switch once to select this zone for learning transmitters. The zone LED remains on and the low battery and supervisory LEDs stop flashing.
    4. Trip the transmitter(s): For sensors with tamper switches, activate the sensor tamper switch by removing the cover.
    Each time the receiver learns a sensor, the selected zone LED blinks once.

• Advertisement

When I go into zones it appears there is only one sensor per zone, after i press zone I can then scroll down through a list of sensors that are in my house, the one that is causing the problem is listed as "dining", how do i know what zone this is in?and how do i check what zone on the receiver i need to delete this from?

When I go into zones it appears there is only one sensor per zone, after i press zone I can then scroll down through a list of sensors that are in my house, the one that is causing the problem is listed as "dining", how do i know what zone this is in?and how do i check what zone on the receiver i need to delete this from?

That makes it easier.

If you open the sensor in question then the red light should appear on the receiver indicating the zone it is programmed into on the receiver.

That makes it easier.

If you open the sensor in question then the red light should appear on the receiver indicating the zone it is programmed into on the receiver.

Excellent, is this receiver only for wireless sensors then? If it is i will prob make sure that this sensor is indeed the only sensor in this zone. So I need to delete out this dodgy sensor and then add the new one into the same zone?

Excellent, is this receiver only for wireless sensors then? If it is i will prob make sure that this sensor is indeed the only sensor in this zone. So I need to delete out this dodgy sensor and then add the new one into the same zone?

Thats correct.

All you have to do is follow the procedure for deleting then adding :)

Hi altor, just arrived home and its an aritech cs250 alarm we have,I'll blame wife for that,this is a pic of what's in the hotpress when I take off receiver cover,doesn't look like the pic of the bridge that you sent me,any ideas?

Hi altor, just arrived home and its an aritech cs250 alarm we have,I'll blame wife for that,this is a pic of what's in the hotpress when I take off receiver cover,doesn't look like the pic of the bridge that you sent me,any ideas?

That is an 8 zone receiver for the CS250.
    If you go into the zone inputs, scroll to the zone then press ok. Scroll to remove RF device and press OK. This will take it out of the system. Then to enroll the new one do the same only you will be adding RF device in the same menu.

So I don't have to touch that receiver in hotpress?how does it recognise the new sensor?

So I don't have to touch that receiver in hotpress?how does it recognise the new sensor?

It is different to the quick bridge. It uses Data connected to the control panel. You wont have to open the control panel either.

So if I just remove old sensor,put up new one,do what you said with control panel that's it?sounds too easy

So if I just remove old sensor,put up new one,do what you said with control panel that's it?sounds too easy

Yep, delete the old sensor. Make the pins the same on the new one. Install it in place and re-enroll. Job done :)

• Advertisement

Yep, delete the old sensor. Make the pins the same on the new one. Install it in place and re-enroll. Job done :)

Sound so the 5 pins on new sensor same as old and then when you say re-enroll,that's adding an rf onto the same dining zone that's causing the problem after deleting the old one?

Sorry for all the questions,just want to be sure before I do it and thanks for all your replies

Sound so the 5 pins on new sensor same as old and then when you say re-enroll,that's adding an rf onto the same dining zone that's causing the problem after deleting the old one?

Sorry for all the questions,just want to be sure before I do it and thanks for all your replies

That is no problem.
    Yes, make the pins the same as these set the gross and pulse on the device.
    Once you delete the device you will then be able to add the new one in the same place.
    Its even easier than the quick bridge :D

What's the gross and pulse on the device?am I copying like for like?

What's the gross and pulse on the device?am I copying like for like?

The gross indicates how strong any individual shock has to be in order to trigger the alarm.
    Pulse picks up lesser attacks like rapping or tapping on the frame or glass.
    Yes copy the same for the new device.

Ok will buy sensor tomorrow and let you know how I get on,I owe ye a pint

Ok will buy sensor tomorrow and let you know how I get on,I owe ye a pint

The sensor you need is a 433RF shock sensor.
    Sent you a link to my paypal :eek:
    Joking :D always happy to help :D

Advertisement