Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ableton course dublin

Options
  • 07-05-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,

Real interested in learning ableton .

Been looking at doing a part time eve or weekend course and just wanted your thoughts opinions on which is the better place to do the course.

So far I've got virtumedia and realsound Dublin on the list of possibilities.

Are either worth it ?

Have any of you been to either course and if so would you recommend it

Thanks big time lads/ladies, it's been a few years but BOOM the bug is back and I've got the hunger for the music again , thank god !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Anyone :-(

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

dont have any direct experience of virtu or realsound - but both are run by sound lads ... throw createsound.ie into your mix too

prob best to give them each a shout and see who you get the best feel for

keep an eye on ableton user groups too (dublin here https://www.facebook.com/groups/348469280829/) afaik theres also limerick, waterford and belfast - there may be others. The dublin group run regular meetups to meet other producers, guest lectures etc (i'm involved in the dublin one)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

I've had quite a hard time tracking down the dublin user group. That facebook link doesn't work. There used to be a soundcloud page which I emailed and got no response. Is there a way other than facebook to be notified about meetings, etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

Oh, btw I also teach ableton one to one in private lessons so feel free to drop me a PM if you want to chat about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

link again https://www.facebook.com/groups/348469280829/

it works this time !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I did a two day course with Virtu when I was starting out... YEARS ago. The guy running it was dead sound but he was a bit all over the place... used to show up late, dissapear for ages during lessons, and finish early etc... Having said that I signed up for a course and I got one to one so it wasn't all bad, and he gave me lots of samples to get me started.

I am very competent in ableton and a good teacher (used to give drumming lessons), if you want to pay me lots of money I'll do a solid day with you, which will be enough to get you started.

Based in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

There's an Ableton course in the Sound Training Centre in Temple Bar that seems pretty in depth. http://www.soundtraining.com/courses/

They have open days every month during the summer so you can go in to get a tour of the place and ask them any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rossbennyf

Biased as I am the manager! Secret School of Sound run beginner and intermediate Ableton Live courses from our city centre studio on Abbey Street.

We've had over 200 satisfied students since 2011, and we'd be delighted to accommodate you. You'll find loads of info at secretschoolofsound.ie. My contact information is there too, so please feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions at all.

Ross

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Keep miles away from Virtu. The chap running the show was very knowledgeable, but was all over the place like someone else said. I was supposed to get 12 hours of tuition over 6 weeks, it ended up like 10 hours over 6 months! always late, or messing us about in someway or another. He was also advertising that you get a free launchpad when you sign up to his course, never received it after asking several times about it.

CreateSound are way more profressional, I would go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Liam 15

Hi to all. I am interested to hear from anyone interested in doing private lessons. I have some knowledge but would like to get more serious. I have my own studio and would be also willing to travel, please get in touch, thanks Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rossbennyf

Hi Liam,

I've been an Ableton Live tutor at Secret Sound Dublin since 2011. I teach from the wonderful Camden Recording Studios just off Camden Street, and am open to talking about private lessons.

If you'd like to get in touch, you can email ross [at] secretschoolofsound.ie

Best,

Ross

Advertisement