Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving old Amiga 3286 floppy information to PC

Options
  • 07-05-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm faced with a little project here, and hoping somebody can help/advise me. I've recovered some really old Amiga 3286 floppy discs, and I want to recover the information that's on them.

Unfortunately, I don't have the actual Amiga 3286 casing, but I did salvage the old HDD.

I'm *hoping* to copy the information from the floppy disc and the HDD to my PC (Win7).

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

I've checked online, and some people have suggested using this (http://www.oldskool.org/disk2fdi/) to read and copy the data across.

Any help, advice or info would be greatly appreciated,
    e
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Never heard of a Amiga 3286 - want to post a pic of what you want to recover from?

If its an Amiga floppy disk(s) your trying to recover, I should have a way of copying data from a physical Amiga formatted floppy to 'the real world' should you want to send them my way. Would be nice to make use of my Amiga equipment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Was it an A3000 variant ?

I think that used the same disks as ibm compatibles.

Advertisement