Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you need to get people to sponsor your music ?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I Recently heard that you can get your music sponsored by people who have it, so you can work on your music all the time, i'm just wondering how would you go about getting sponsored and who would go to to do it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

sure you dont mean crowd sourcing / funding?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dan_Jer

crowd sourcing and funding
    promotion and stuff like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Talent?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

I sponsored a couple - but was asked to sponsor many more. Here's a list of things that made me select the ones that I sponsored:
    a) the music didn't suck;
    b) there was artistic integrity there in some way, shape, or form;
    c) the artist wasn't a lazy sod (as in sitting there expecting me to give them money);
    d) there was evidence of work done on the album or project, i.e., it was already underway and needed extra funds to finish it off/press/master yadda yadda....

The traditional route is to get a record deal, they will then advance (or front) you money so that you can sit around doing music - they then reclaim the advance from the record sales. Of course, if there are no sales, they will cease to front you money: an ignominious process called 'dropping'.

dan-Jer (SoundCloud) (wont let me post urls)
    have a listen tell me what yous think ?
    and im always workin on my music constantly
    Check Out My Tune Jive Drive :)

• Advertisement

Competent production, I reckon - sounds very ITB-ey w/ standard dance music memes strewn about like has-been actors. Dynamic is either mezzo-forte or fortissimo with little variation from this dynamic pattern. Drums are OK but a bit mechanical and need more grunt. Overall pretty good chops though - have you thought about finding a front person, someone with a little chutzpa like, say, Rick Ross?

how do i get in contact with rick ross?
    and what does a front person do for you ? (I dont know the business terms of music)

heh heh - as they say, you don't contact Rick Ross, he contacts you :) A frontperson is like a lead singer: David Lee Roth = frontperson; Alison Goldfrapp = front person. As far as terminology goes - google is your friend, not a bad thing to be au fait with the terminology of the industry you plan to make a living in - music theory a + too (just look at OutKast)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Dan_Jer wrote: »
    dan-Jer (SoundCloud) (wont let me post urls)
    have a listen tell me what yous think ?
    and im always workin on my music constantly
    Check Out My Tune Jive Drive :)

I can't seem to access any of your tunes...

Advertisement