Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Siemens Alarm System?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im just researching home alarm systems and came across a thread recommending the Siemens? Can i just buy a kit and install it myself or do i have to get it through someone fitted?

Id like to get the best system i can get with all the newest features.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Feature wise your on the right track.
    You can get this panel in many of the suppliers listed in the sticky.
    You can install this yourself if you wish.
    REW
    RWL
    Northwood Technology
    Borsatec.

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

Im in the South East. Is it possible to buy online?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure. But if you call some of the suppliers listed they may put you in contact with some local or arrange shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

Media999 wrote: »
    Hi

Im just researching home alarm systems and came across a thread recommending the Siemens? Can i just buy a kit and install it myself or do i have to get it through someone fitted?

Id like to get the best system i can get with all the newest features.

Thanks

If you have any issues getting the system you can also purchase this system on line here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Media999

Cheers for that.

Bit of an odd question but do you reckon theres any way to protect a motorbike by somehow connecting it to house alarm. Maybe a wireless shock sensor thats meant for something else that i could just attach to the motorbike somehow?

An alarmed shed to put it in would be ideal but i dont have that option as bike is in front of house and i have no sidegate.

Also is it possible to connect more than 1 siren to the system?

• Advertisement

Media999 wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

Bit of an odd question but do you reckon theres any way to protect a motorbike by somehow connecting it to house alarm. Maybe a wireless shock sensor thats meant for something else that i could just attach to the motorbike somehow?

An alarmed shed to put it in would be ideal but i dont have that option as bike is in front of house and i have no sidegate.

Also is it possible to connect more than 1 siren to the system?

I have seen people install a bracket to hold a shock sensor in place for when the alarm is set. You could just set it up in its own area with a user code to disarm this zone. Just want to make sure its covered over as its not designed for out door use. If you did decide to add a wireless shock to the SPC alarm you would need a receiver to pick up the Visonic sensors as Seimens do not make shock sensors to go with there system.

Yes it is possible to add more than one siren the system.

altor wrote: »
    If you have any issues getting the system you can also purchase this system on line here.

250 sterling +vat +shipping??
    Find a supplier over here would be my recommendation.

Mine too but at lease the option is there.

Advertisement