Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

145 bus journey times?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I am just wondering how long the 145 bus takes to get to Donnybrook from Heuston Station in morning traffic? My train gets in around 8am. I need to get to Ballsbridge and need to know roughly how long bus journey takes? Is the 145 my most direct option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It is scheduled to take about 30 minutes to get to Donnybrook Bus Garage at that time of the morning.

The other option is to switch to a 4, 7, 27x or 120 on Nassau Street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've taken it a few times and it rarely takes more than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BabC

Thanks guys. Think the 145 is the best option - it is that or driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,270 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lxflyer wrote: »
    The other option is to switch to a 4, 7, 27x or 120 on Nassau Street.
    Agreed. Depending on your exact destination, this may be much quicker.

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

If this is for exams, make sure you leave plenty of time. However, I would suggest staying on the 145, as the 4, 7, 27x or 120 can be over-subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Hi there,

I've a similar query; but going from the opposite direction.

Would anyone have a realistic journey time on the 145 from Castle Street Bray to the Four Courts in the City Center? Dublin bus quotes an hour - but from experience it takes an hour to get to the St Stephens Green end of Leeson Street.

Travel would be around 8-8.30am and the return journey around 6-6.30pm. And also - how reliable is this bus.

Thanks very much for any replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭haulier

0820/0830 ex Kilmac have 1hr 50 mins running time

1800/1830 ex Heuston - running time 1-40

• Registered Users Posts: 78,270 ✭✭✭✭Victor

HereinBray wrote: »
    Would anyone have a realistic journey time on the 145 from Castle Street Bray to the Four Courts in the City Center? Dublin bus quotes an hour - but from experience it takes an hour to get to the St Stephens Green end of Leeson Street.
    DART is another option. If also using Luas, change at Tara Street and walk to Abbey Street.

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk". The times should be reasonably accurate.

Advertisement