Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to get basics

Options
  • 06-05-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hey,
    just wondering if any of you can recommend the best place to get basics like plain black/white vests/tank tops/t-shirts as well as jeans?
    im tired of buying cheap stuff that loses its shape or goes bally etc.

i have a white tank top i got in topshop about 10 years ago and its still in good shape but i dunno if topshop do quality basics anymore?...its been a while since i could afford to shop in places other that pennys/dunnes/h&m
    ive the same prob with jeans...the past few years ive been buying cheap stuff like skinny jeans in pennys etc but there such false economy. i recently got a pair of jeans by jasper conran in debemhams and though the fit is good..they get a bit too loose around the bum after one wear...not great for 6eur.
    im looking to spend more but to get better fit and longer wear out of basic stuff...any suggestions?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I find M&S really good - they have vests in the underwear section and I picked up some Limited Collection basic black vest/tshirts/long sleeve ts recently which I'm really liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I like Street One, Vila and Vero Moda for basic tops. Savida at Dunnes is also worth a look, their tops wash well.
    Still looking for the perfect jeans so no real help there but I find Tesco skinnies better than Penneys ones :)

Advertisement