Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aherlow House Hotel

Options
  • 06-05-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi, I'm attending a wedding in Aherlow House Hotel later this summer, and would like to get my hair and make up done locally on the morning of the wedding. Can anyone recommend salons in the nearby towns please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

Tipperary town is the closest town, a good few places in the town my better half uses Cloud 9 always seems happy. very nosy wedding is hardly the 14th of June??

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

DaveJac wrote: »
    Tipperary town is the closest town, a good few places in the town my better half uses Cloud 9 always seems happy. very nosy wedding is hardly the 14th of June??
    Thanks for that. Is Cloud 9 a Hair Salon or a beauty salon? The wedding we're going to is in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

Taceom wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Is Cloud 9 a Hair Salon or a beauty salon? The wedding we're going to is in July.

They do hair,nails make up

https://www.facebook.com/cloudnine.tipperary?fref=ts

ah was just wondering my sister is getting married on the 14th of june reception is in Aherlow too

there is plenty of other places in Tipperary Town too just my wife seems to like cloud 9

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

Taceom wrote: »
    Hi, I'm attending a wedding in Aherlow House Hotel later this summer, and would like to get my hair and make up done locally on the morning of the wedding. Can anyone recommend salons in the nearby towns please.

George Lang in Tipperary town shopping centre do hair and nails, my other half says they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Off the topic slightly but surprised the Aherlow house were doing weddings.
    Did it get a renovation recently?
    I was there two year ago for some 80's night thing and the place was falling down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Paddico wrote: »
    I was there two year ago for some 80's night thing and the place was falling down

I think it is only fair to challenge the above post, many hotels are trying their best to stay in business and misinformation does not help. I looked up their website and here is a testimonial posted on their website just one month ago.

‘Amazing’
    We have just celebrated our wedding in aherlow this weekend the 12th april! everything was spectacular the views, the food, the staff and the place itself was beautiful! we would highly recommend aherlow as a wedding venue to any couples thinking of an exclusive professional and highly qualified team all our guests were amazed at the hotel how friendly and helpful all the staff were all i can say is we will definitely be back it was amazing.....
    Laura & Tadgh 12th April 2014

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Challenge away.
    Always loved the Aherlow house location and its nice at Christmas to pop in for a quick drink, just saying what I saw and most of my friends and locals say as well. I always take testimonials with a pinch of salt as they can be written by literally anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joanneaherlow

Paddico, If you are as knowledgeable as you mention on the local area, surely you are aware that Aherlow is a very busy wedding and functions hotel which is most definitely not falling down. I can assure you as a Manager at Aherlow House Hotel that it is very much open for business and that the testimonial mentioned below is from a very happy bride and groom who married with us on the April 12th this year.

Your comment is unreasonable and misleading which has already been challenged by another poster. If you would like to discuss your ill feeling towards Aherlow House any further please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the Hotel.

Taceom, the two hairdresser mentioned below are brilliant you cant go wrong with either of them for your friends wedding in July!

Very positive for Aherlow house and the Glen.
    Something like this should greatly help Tipperary tourism as a whole

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/us-secretary-of-state-john-kerry-deeply-honoured-to-receive-prestigious-tipperary-peace-prize-35173246.html

• Advertisement

And a wave for the bride and groom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgZg7Zg4Rm4

• Registered Users Posts: 21 IrishBelle

Aherlow House is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I cant think of anywhere that has a more stunning view. Locals know it well, but on a more national scale it is a hidden gem. Delighted to hear that it is doing very well since being taken over.

Paddico wrote: »

Are you thinking of a different hotel? I've been there twice for a wedding and one 21st. Amazing views, gorgeous hotel.

It'd be my first choice for my own wedding.

Just wondering has anyone been here lately?

Advertisement