Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Campus Accommodation

• 06-05-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this thread has been done before, but I'm just wondering does anyone know roughly what time the online campus accommodation reservation for first years has opened in previous years? I understand they don't put a time to avoid crashes, but I have a family member coming from the north and he's eager to get on campus so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

lajoie wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this thread has been done before, but I'm just wondering does anyone know roughly what time the online campus accommodation reservation for first years has opened in previous years? I understand they don't put a time to avoid crashes, but I have a family member coming from the north and he's eager to get on campus so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The waiting list opens on May 8th. Get on it as soon as possible (Probably about 8AM). About a week after CAO results he'll get an email allowing him to pick a place on campus if he's low enough on the waiting list

Link: http://www.ucd.ie/residences/how-to-book-a-room/first-year-students/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Packet Of Gravy

Does anyone know if we have to specify what kind of room we're looking for or is it just about getting your name down on the waiting list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Does anyone know if we have to specify what kind of room we're looking for or is it just about getting your name down on the waiting list?
    Put your name on the list then in AugustYou just get offered a variety of rooms: ensuite,shared bathroom, catered etc.
    If you have some sort of special requirement such as a wheelchair access room or a Single sex apartment you'd probably have to contact res

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

Thanks a million! I never had to do the res race so I appreciate the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

How did people get on ? what time did it offically open at this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

leg wrote: »
    How did people get on ? what time did it offically open at this year?
    Really want to know this too. I slept in and didn't get on the list till 8. I think I missed it. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

wat number in the queue did u get at 8? i got 1500 ish at 8 too

How do you check?

Wait, checked. 2000, and an assigned 700 rooms.

Can't believe I fell asleep and cost myself that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Packet Of Gravy

Did anybody find that their number changed? When I did it first I got 707, I logged out and logged back in again and got 718. My friend went from 703 to 700!

Is this something to do with rejoining the waiting list or was it the time taken to read the conditions and confirm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement