Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sporting Times

Options
  • 06-05-2014 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

I was never one for football though I did play a bit of rugby and I occasionally hit a slither with a hurly. Sadly the days of running around fields or twacking a ball over a net on the courts are behind me now and my knees are thankful for that.
    My sporting prowess is now limited to hill walking, golf, and more recently archery.

I would love to try out other sports better suited to us oulfolk. If anyone out there is a bit of a dab hand at lawn bowls I'd really appreciat an introduction to it.

Anyone got any sporting pastimes that won't break a body?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I like a good hill-walk, golf is a good walk spoiled. On the other hand, I've always wanted to have a go at archery, but I don't think I would have the upper body strength now. Might have a go at this though:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I used to do archery jb, its a good sport for getting loads of exercise while not dashing about! Walking to and from the target means you actually cover a considerable amount of ground. You don't need a lot of upper body strength, pulling a bow is a knack - I have on occasion pulled a very heavy bow, just for demonstration purposes, I couldn't do it more than once or twice, but burly fellas just starting out haven't been able to pull it at all. You pull with your back muscles and once you have sussed how to do it, its the easiest part of the business!

Advertisement