Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce nuig

Options
  • 06-05-2014 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was just wondering if anyone is doing the commerce degree in nuig?
    I wanted to know what it was like as I'm unsure rather to put it on my Cao or not?
    Is maths a big part of this degree? As it's not my best subject

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

I was just wondering if anyone is doing the commerce degree in nuig?
    I wanted to know what it was like as I'm unsure rather to put it on my Cao or not?

It really depends on what you would like to do. Commerce is a broad 3 year course and it gives you a foundation in accounting, economics, information systems, marketing, and management. In the final year, you can choose one of these streams as your main area of study.
    Is maths a big part of this degree? As it's not my best subject

Maths is not a major part of the degree. You must do 10 credits of Maths and Stats in year 1. It is pretty basic really. Year 2, you must do a further 5 credits of statistics. Again, it is not hugely difficult. People can be frightened of accounting because of the figures involved but all it is is basic addition, subtraction, etc. All can be done on a basic calculator. Economics can be mathematical; however, it is not really taught through Maths in NUI Galway.

Advertisement