Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angle too much on flue leaving multi-fuel stove?

Options
  • 05-05-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Can someone take a look at this multi-fuel stove and tell me if that bend in the flue coming directly out of the back is acceptable? I feel it's too pronounced and that it may be causing a greater build-up of soot in the back (that's almost impossible to get to with the normal brushes) and problems with maintaining a updraught.

The distance between the wall and the first bend on the pipe is 9 inches. The curved middle section is 5.5 inches and the final section connecting to the stove is just over 6 inches (all measured from the centre).

I know almost nothing about stoves so apologies if it's a stupid question!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

Can someone take a look at this multi-fuel stove and tell me if that bend in the flue coming directly out of the back is acceptable? I feel it's too pronounced and that it may be causing a greater build-up of soot in the back (that's almost impossible to get to with the normal brushes) and problems with maintaining a updraught.

The distance between the wall and the first bend on the pipe is 9 inches. The curved middle section is 5.5 inches and the final section connecting to the stove is just over 6 inches (all measured from the centre).

I know almost nothing about stoves so apologies if it's a stupid question!

You should be rising at 45degrees up and into the wall
    Horizontal is not acceptable soot will build up but you might restrict the draught of the chimney and cause a dangerous situation in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

You should be rising at 45degrees up and into the wall
    Horizontal is not acceptable soot will build up but you might restrict the draught of the chimney and cause a dangerous situation in the room

Ah so from the pic you would say that top part connected to the wall is too horizontal/ long? I was thinking that. Thanks.

Advertisement