Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2014

Options
  • 05-05-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Episode 1 today (Ten network in Australia, I'm sure it will be over here later this year).

After last year's men vs. women fiasco, they've dumped all the extra shows (professionals, junior etc.) and put all their eggs in one basket. Having said that, I think we're back on track. The standard in the auditions was very high (mostly) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Completely forgot about it this year.. is it worth catching up Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

1,000,000%

The standard is so high this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers Dave.

May be a binge session in the coming weeks so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rocu

Hi Guys, does anyone know if RTE are showing Masterchef Australia this summer, I know they are a few seasons behind but I love it so much I don't care?!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No idea, Rocu. I assume they will! Nothing announced yet as far as I can see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Rocu

Thanks Mr E, just noticed yesterday that TLC are showing the first series at 6pm daily!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Anyone watching this on Watch? The standard is phenomenal, almost too high to be classed as amateur in any way. Even looking at their knife skills it's evident they've all had some training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Merkin wrote: »
    Anyone watching this on Watch? The standard is phenomenal, almost too high to be classed as amateur in any way. Even looking at their knife skills it's evident they've all had some training.

My favourite programme! I record it and watch it during the next mornings feed ☺
    Yeah the standard is seriously high. Even their 'disasters' are nowhere near as bad as in previous series.
    They have the format of judges/challenges/masterclasses absolutely 100% spot on this year. The addition of Kylie Kwong and the elimination of the boring studio masterclasses are the big highlights IMO.

Haha me too Ocean! :) Yes, the format is spot on, they fit a lot in and don't tear the arse out of the master classes! They're not a particularly likeable bunch this year although it's still one of my favourite programmes, I always pick up lots of great tips from it and they're always a lot more progressive than the UK in terms of ingredients and using lots of Asian flavours as opposed to traditional French cuisine normally favoured in the European version. Love it!

Haha me too Ocean! :) Yes, the format is spot on, they fit a lot in and don't tear the arse out of the master classes! They're not a particularly likeable bunch this year although it's still one of my favourite programmes, I always pick up lots of great tips from it and they're always a lot more progressive than the UK in terms of ingredients and using lots of Asian flavours as opposed to traditional French cuisine normally favoured in the European version. Love it!

I agree about the cuisine. However I am fascinated by Asian cooking so actually loved previous series where there were contestants who focused almost solely on Asian food e.g. Poh in 2009.

• Advertisement

Oh me too! Have lived in the Far East and I adore Thai and Indian food so it's brilliant for inspiration!

I'm so so bored with this now. Is it just me or have they really dragged the arse out of it this year?

I'm so so bored with this now. Is it just me or have they really dragged the arse out of it this year?

That have a bit! I think they made a mistake not doing the foreign trip. That always was a nice distraction when the numbers of contestants started to dwindle.

Yes definitely! Loved the trip to Italy last time. I'd like to Laura to win this year, am not overly enthused by the other contestants tbh. Especially Amelia who seems to turn on the crocodile tears at every opportunity!!

Yes definitely! Loved the trip to Italy last time. I'd like to Laura to win this year, am not overly enthused by the other contestants tbh. Especially Amelia who seems to turn on the crocodile tears at every opportunity!!

Yeah I agree. I think Emilia has a huge ego and is not nearly as down to earth as the rest of them. She just thinks she's great. Right from the start I got that impression and guessed she wouldn't be liked too well in the house. But I think I may be wrong about that because the last few contestants seem to be very keen on her, and she seems to have helped some of them with their dessert skills. So maybe I'm too harsh on her!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As viewing on Watch, resisting urge to google the winner. At least better than the poor start the series had last year.

Manach wrote: »
    As viewing on Watch, resisting urge to google the winner. At least better than the poor start the series had last year.

I googled something about a particular contestant early on in the series and the first result mentioned who the winner was. I didn't want to know that Google 😠
    My own fault for being so stoopid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone watch the finale on Watch after? Jaysus I am in love with Laura.
    Gutted she lost. God damn Peter and his chocolate nougat bar

Absolutely smashing series quality wise this year. Compulsive telly. It says it all that me and a couple of my mates who watch it would spend the night talking about it rather than sport :D

Advertisement