Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute GAMSAT prep

Options
  • 05-05-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys.

I was originally going to take the March 2015 GAMSAT in Ireland, but have decided that I will also take the exam this September.

That leaves me with roughly 20 weeks to prepare (pretty much from scratch with very limited science knowledge).

I was thinking of spending 2 days on the Biology (using Khan Academy) and 2 days on the Chemistry (Organic Chem for dummies and Khan Academy), and 1 day a week for sections 1&2. Doing this for the first 16 weeks or so to gain a good grounding, and then spend 4 weeks going through practice exam questions, with the final 2 weeks pretty much spending every day off work nailing the prep.

Do you think this is a sound and achievable program to go from? Given that it's not too far off, I'm pretty motivated to get my head down and work hard.

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

The timeframe is definitely achievable but IMHO you're plan has far too much emphasis on biology. What about physics? I did about a week on biology, a week and a bit on physics (should've done more physics) and about 6-7 weeks on chem and orgo. Look at my posts by searching if you want to see more of what I did coming from a similar level of science background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 richadam

Hey I appreciate the post.

I'm actually in the middle of a course (which is Biology-based), and I have various deadlines etc for coursework/exams. As such, I need to use at least 2 evenings a week for this course, otherwise I'm going to fall behind and inevitably struggle.

I'll have a look through your posts, many thanks.

Rich

Advertisement