Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g / 4g data-only PAYG SIM - Recommendations?

Options
  • 05-05-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    I need to buy a 3g (4g if available) PAYG data only SIM card.

The SIM will be used in a 3g router with external antenna. Ideally i'd stick with Meteor as I use my phone in the area (L. Corrib) and it's acceptable.

I will only be using this during the summer months, hence PAYG essential.

I don't need huge data allowance, 10GB / month would suffice (but the more the merrier)

Can anyone recommend any current decent value offers? I notice Meteor have this: http://www.meteor.ie/unlimited-data/
    If you top up 10eur per month you get 'unlimited' (75GB) data... seems like a good deal? I notice that they have an end date of Aug 31st; don't know if this is the latest time to sign up, or whether it's when the offer ends. If the latter, it'll do for this summer anyhow and i'll worry about it again next year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

There arent any 4g prepay plans yet that i'm aware of.

That offer is for 7.5gb, not 75gb! From the T&Cs
    1. “The Unlimited Add On ” is offered in units of 7,5GB for 30 days at €9.99 on a recurring basis.
    2. The Unlimited Add Onhas a fair usage data allowance of 7.5GB. Any usage above 7.5GB will be charged at standard rates from the particular Meteor plan or offer you are currently availing of .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeah sorry I meant 7.5GB which is fine.

I don't see any reason why it won't work. Yet when I asked on the Meteor forums I was directed to a PAYG SIM which is 20euro for a 30 day 'ticket' with a 7.5GB cap.

I was then advised that the original SIM I linked to was for 'mobile data' and not '3g broadband' - I'm asking for clarification as to what the difference is!

Advertisement